Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14503 Discussions

Intel i3 1005 G1 Turbo Boost Hyperthreading

mgendron80
Beginner
Hi. I would like to know if my i3 1005 G1 10th generation processor supports Turbo Boost and Hyperthreading as it is written on the ark.intel site as well as HP site. I tried to enable these options in Bios but found no option. There are no processor options and no option to enable Hyperthreading or Turbo Boost. The i3 1005G1 is supposed to be equipped with Hyperthreading and Turbo Boost 2.0. Some sites say that i3 does not support Turbo Boost. It is clearly written on intel site that my cpu has 1.20ghz base frequency and 3.4ghz with Turbo Boost, why on option in Bios? Thank. You.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello mgendron80, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

As you mentioned, the Intel® Core™ i3-1005G1 Processor does support Intel® Turbo Boost and Intel® Hyper-Threading Technologies. You need to check with your computer manufacturer (OEM) in order to properly enable these technologies in the BIOS.  

So we can have more information about your system and CPU, please provide the following information: 

1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach the report generated:  

• Open the application, check the "Everything" box, and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".   
  • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".   
  • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".   
  • Use the option under the reply window to attach the report to the thread (Drag and drop here or browse files to attach).  

2. Provide the Report for Intel® Graphics Drivers, follow this link

3. Run the Intel® Processor Identification Utility and send the report either in a screenshot or .txt file. Follow the instructions here

4. Please go to the Device Manager, open the dropdown menu under Processors, and provide a screenshot of it. 

Regards, 

Sebastian M  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello Dirkteur, 

We have not heard back from you, please let me know if you need further assistance.

Regards,  

Sebastian M

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello Dirkteur,  

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance or if you have additional questions, please create a new thread and we will gladly assist you.  

Regards,  

Sebastian M  

0 Kudos