Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14402 Discussions

Intel i3 10100 Processor specification shows 6MB cache but box of the processor states 12MB cache.

abdullahhabib
Beginner

Dear Intel,

Recently I have purchased an Intel i3 10100 Processor. The specification on the computer shows 6MB Cache. However, the box of the processor states 12MB cache.

Why two different value of cache memory shows?

Please Reply.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Jean_Intel

Hello abdullahhabib,

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. I understand the situation and I am glad to help you.

I would like to let you know that based on the product specifications, the correct memory cache for your unit is 6M Cache. I would like to suggest you make sure that this is the original processor label, as I have checked some information that is not correct.

The box label shows the Spec Code as "SRH3A. This Spec Code is not from an Intel® Core™ i3-10100, and instead, it is from an Intel® Core™ i5-10500 Processor. You should compare the Label to one of our examples from the article "Where Can I Find Intel® Boxed Processor Numbers for Warranty?"

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
abdullahhabib
Beginner

Dear Jean

Thanks for your reply.

It seems the shop from I purchased, did not sell me the intact processor. It was used or opened from its box before I bought. Which is why I am seeing the code of i5-10500 whereas my processor is an i3-10100.

However, the shop has given my full warranty. Perhaps, you might want to take this with the company or the seller you have sold this to processor to so that in future they must avoid such an unlawful act.

Thanks for your reply once again.

Best regards,

Abdullah Habib

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel

Hello abdullahhabib,

Thanks for your comment.

I appreciate the feedback provided. I have shared the information given. I will pass the information on to the corresponding team in charge. Let me know if you have any questions.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos