Processors
Processors (Intel® Core™, Intel® Xeon®, etc); processor utilities and programs (Intel® Processor Identification Utility, Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility, Intel® Easy Streaming Wizard, etc.)
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
11669 Discussions

Intel i5 3330 + Gigabyte B75M-D3H + Memories compatibility

LRibe1
Beginner

Hi guys my current Desktop has the following specs:

Corsair ATX GS600 600W CMPSU-600G-WW

GigaByte GA-B75M-D3H LGA1155 (rev 1.0)

Core i5-3330 3.00GHz 6MB LGA1155 BX80637I53330

G.SKill Ripjaws 8GB (2x4GB) 1600MHz DDR3 F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL

Seagate SATA III Barracuda 7200 1TB ST1000DM003

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

I wil be buying a SSD (WD Green 240GB) and i also want to buy more memory,

i was talking to a seller and he didn't know if my setup was compatible with the Kingston Hyperx Fury Ddr3 8gb 1600mhz (HX318C10F/8)

So my question is: is it compatible or not?

Gigabyte website says this about the Motherboard:

1. 4 x 1.5V DDR3 DIMM sockets supporting up to 32 GB of system memory

* Due to Windows 32-bit operating system limitation, when more than 4 GB of physical memory is installed, the actual memory size displayed will be less than 4 GB.
  2. Dual channel memory architecture
  3. Support for DDR3 2200(OC)/1600/1333/1066 MHz memory modules

* To support DDR3 1600 MHz, you must install an Intel® 22nm (Ivy Bridge) CPU that supports DDR3 1600 MHz.
  4. Support for non-ECC memory modules
  5. Support for Extreme Memory Profile (XMP) memory modules

* To support XMP memory, you must install an Intel® 22nm (Ivy Bridge) CPU that supports DDR3 1600 MHz.

Intel website says this about the Processor:

• Max Memory Size (dependent on memory type) 32 GB
  • Memory Types DDR3 1333/1600
  • Max # of Memory Channels 2
  • Max Memory Bandwidth 25.6 GB/s
  • ECC Memory Supported ‡ No

I got a little lost when Intel said Max number of channels is 2, bare in mind that the MB it self has 4 slots.

So now i am completely lost, need some help.

Thank you.

Lucas.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hello LucasBR

Thank you for joining the community.

I see that you are having concerns about the memory comparability of the Intel® processor, allow me to help you investigate the case.

Looking into your inquiry for the memory comparability of the Intel® Core™ i5-3330 Processor upon reviewing the processors datasheet I found the following information:

• Two channels of DDR3 Unbuffered Dual In-Line Memory Modules (UDIMM) or DDR3 Unbuffered Small Outline Dual In-Line Memory Modules (SO-DIMM) with a maximum of two DIMMs per channel
  • Single-channel and dual-channel memory organization modes
  • Data burst length of eight for all memory organization modes
  • Memory DDR3 data transfer rates of 1333 MT/s and 1600 MT/s. The DDR3 data transfer rates supported by the processor is dependent on the PCH SKU in the target platform:
    • Desktop PCH platforms support 1333 MT/s and 1600 MT/s for One DIMM and Two DIMMs per channel
    • All In One platform (AIO) support 1333 MT/s and 1600 MT/s for One DIMM and Two DIMMs per channel
  • 64-bit wide channels
  • System Memory Interface I/O Voltage of 1.5 V
  • DDR3 and DDR3L DIMMs/DRAMs running at 1.5 V
  • No support for DDR3L DIMMs/DRAMS running at 1.35 V
  • Support memory configurations that mix DDR3 DIMMs/DRAMs with DDR3L DIMMs/DRAMs running at 1.5 V

For more detail information please refer to the following link:

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/datasheets/3rd-gen-core-desktop-vol-1-d... https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/datasheets/3rd-gen-core-desktop-vol-1-d...

Hops this help.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

idata
Community Manager

Hello LucasBR

I was checking your case and would like to know if you need further help. If so, please do not hesitate in replying back.

Regards,

Leonardo C.