Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14503 Discussions

Intel i7 10870h underperforming

idn_hazel
Beginner

Hello,

My Intel i7 10870h is not performing as good as it should be. Looking at benchmarks online, laptops with the same CPU as I have that is the i7 10870h are performing much better than mines. On Cinebench r23, users online report getting scores somewhere between 9000-11000. However, my score is far from that. I get on average 6000-7000. 

I checked temps during benchmarking, make sure that I am not in a power saving mode, neither is the issue. Temps are about 70-80C during benchmarking (While users report getting as high as 90C during benchmark, of course with a higher clockspeed) while clockspeeds are about 2.9-3.3Ghz. Power consumption at about 40-50W according to a HW monitoring software.

The laptop I'm currently using is an Asus TUF FX506LU. 16GB DDR4 (2x4 Config) running at 2933Mhz. Could it be a driver issue? Could it be something to do with the Maker?

I'm pretty sure this processor can go beyond 3.3Ghz on full load so, what's the issue?

Also, I have went to the BIOS menu to see if there's a Turbo Boost option that could be disabled, however I don't see an option.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello idn_hazel,

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities.  

It is important to mention that we don't comment on third-party software. The information provided by them may not be accurate. 

For testing your processor. I would recommend using our Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool (Intel IPDT). It will verify the functionality of all the cores of the Intel® Processor, Verify the processor operating frequency, Perform a stress test on the processor, etc. 

• Download the Intel PDT
  • Once installed, the Intel® PDT starts testing the processor using the default configuration. Two windows might appear to show the test is in progress.
  • When the Intel® PDT completes, the testing status will display either a PASS or FAIL.
  • Alternatively, you can open or save the test results file every time after the test run by clicking on file > view results file, file, then, save as to any location you specify.

Also, keep in mind that sometimes Original Equipment Manufactures may customize their system to meet their product expectation. This may include limiting the processor and affecting the performance.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello idn_hazel,

I hope you are doing fine.

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello idn_hazel,

I hope you are doing fine.

I have not heard back from you. So we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards.

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos