Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14396 Discussions

Intel i7-12700k testing apps

FPaul2
Beginner

Hi All,

I just purchase i7-12700k and run the intel processor identification utility apps, but it haven't show me correct information on the "Base"  row :

cpu z.jpg

Additional, the apps show me it is 10 cores CPU.

The intel processor identification utility website state that 12th CPU is support ver. 6.7.21.1028, but seems it is some problem now.

I also try to run intel processor diagnostic tool ver 4.1.5.37 , but failure. 

IPDT.jpg

Seems 4.1.5.37 not yet support 12th CPU.

Is it the software bug or CPU issue?

0 Kudos
9 Replies
David_G_Intel

Hello FPaul2

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. Was this processor overclocked before? Please share with us the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) results: 

Regards, 

David G 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
FPaul2
Beginner

David,

It is a brand new CPU which I bought from computer centre last Sunday and I never overclock it.

I back to shop last week and the shop manger install the CPU into different motherboard, memory and SSD to run the intel processor identification utility apps, but the result was the same.

Finally, he took the other i7-12700K and ran the result, but the result still same.

So, he ran the AIDA64 and CPU Zapps, it show it is not an engineering sample and the spec were match.

aida 64.jpg

Attach please find the SSU report for your reference.

Actually, i using the CPU this morning for gaming and video edit, so far no issue.

But can Intel confirm it is not a defect?

P.S : Even I set the CPU ratio to AUTO, the apps still report me incorrect number of cores.

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Thank you for the update. The current version of the Intel® PDT doesn't support the 12th generation of Core processors, this is something that Intel is working on please expect a new version to be released in our downloads website:

To investigate the Intel® Processor Identification Utility request, please share with us a screenshot of the task manager and how many cores are listed there.

Regards, 

David G 

0 Kudos
FPaul2
Beginner

David,

I am out of my home till next week, but I confirm that it have 8 + 4 cores and 20 threads.

i7-12700k aida.jpg

This is capture by AIDA 64,  intel processor identification utility and CPU Z reports same.

Do you think it is bug of intel processor identification utility?

Could you mind share your result to me?

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Thank you for the confirmation, let me investigate and I will post the results on the thread.

Regards, 

David G 

0 Kudos
FPaul2
Beginner

David,

Do we have any update on this issue?

I am not sure i do process RMA with the shop now..

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

After further investigation we found that the Intel® Processor Identification Utility will only show current CPU speed (on 12th gen processors), this is due to the presence of different core sizes on the same die.

Regards, 

David G 

0 Kudos
FPaul2
Beginner

Thanks, I feel comfort to using the CPU now.

Awating new Intel Software update to support it.

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

We're glad to know the information helped. Hopefully, it will help other community members. Since the thread is now solved, we will close it. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.  

Best regards,  

David G  

0 Kudos