Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14823 Discussions

Intel i7 14700KF Overheating detected 24%

Oxej
Beginner

Hello,

I own an Intel i7 14700KF processor. I encountered an overheating issue during the AIDA64 stress test. I am sharing the screenshots.

System specifications:

• CPU: INTEL Core i7 14700KF
  • Motherboard: ASUS TUF GAMING Z790-PLUS WIFI
  • GPU: ASUS TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 4080 SUPER
  • Cooler: ASUS TUF GAMING LC II 360 ARGB 360mm
  • RAM: GSKILL 64GB (2x32GB) Trident Z5 Neo RGB 6000MHz CL30 DDR5 1.4V AMD EXPO Dual Kit
  • PSU: ASUS TUF GAMING 1000G 1000W 80+ Gold
  • Case: ASUS TUF GAMING GT502 v2
  • SSD: SAMSUNG 2TB 990 PRO NVMe

The CPU reaches a maximum of 70-80 degrees during gaming, and it doesn’t even reach 80 degrees. The tested games include God Of War and RDR2.

What solutions can you recommend? Can you assist?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
chugzillafx
New Contributor I

yeah, everything looks good......i can't help you much because of the huge differences in our mb's so i got you this far and from this point on you will need to watch those videos they are really easy to follow and self-explanatory. but I'm here if you need any more help  tc n gl.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
24 Replies
Oxej
Beginner

I repeated the test with Cinebench (MCE disabled and CEP set to Auto). CPU VIDmax value is between 1,170 and 1,250. Do you think it's good?
Which two settings, IA CEP and SA CEP, need to be disabled or will only IA CEP be disabled? If I get the answer to this, I will do the stress test again and share the results.

0 Kudos
Oxej
Beginner

I am also sharing the screenshot of the CineBench R23 Test.

0 Kudos
chugzillafx
New Contributor I

yeah, everything looks good......i can't help you much because of the huge differences in our mb's so i got you this far and from this point on you will need to watch those videos they are really easy to follow and self-explanatory. but I'm here if you need any more help  tc n gl.

0 Kudos
Oxej
Beginner

I appreciate your help thank you very much.

0 Kudos