Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14398 Discussions

Intel i7-6850k not supported in XTU 7.9.0.24 but i7-6800k does?

Jurgen00000
Novice

I've tried to update the Intel XTU form 7.6.0.37 to 7.9.0.24 but I get an error saying "attempted to install on an unsupported platform"

How is that possible when the i7-6800k is supported?

I went to the i7-6800k page and found some drivers and software in the download page, but when I go to the i7-6850k page, there is none. What's going on?

Thank you

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Steven_Intel

Hello Jurgen00000,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

The Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility is not supported on Intel® Core™ i7-6850K. You can check this information on the web page https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/17881/29183/intel-extreme-tuning-utility-intel-xtu.html?wapkw=xtu

I am going to investigate about the downloads not showing up on the website. As soon as I have an update, I will let you know.

Best regards,

Steven G.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Jurgen00000
Novice

But why is the i7-6800k supported and not the i7-6850k? It looks like Intel just forgot the 6850k existed... Shouldn't it be added to the supported list? Doesn't make any sense that in the same family of processors one is supported and the other isn't.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Thank you for your response.

I will gather further information about this. As soon as I have an update, I will let you know.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Hello Jurgen00000,

I would like to inform you that all Broadwell E processors are no longer supported by XTU, the list will be updated very soon. We appreciate you report this to us.

Please let me know if you have any additional concerns.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
Jurgen00000
Novice

Thank you for the answer.

What's the latest XTU version that works with Broadwell-E processors and where can I download it?

Regards!

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

I am going to research that in order to give you an accurate response. As soon as I have the information, I will let you know.

Also, I can confirm the Broadwell E processor have officially been removed from the XTU download site list.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Hello Jurgen00000,

The last version of XTU supporting Broadwell-E was the 7.7. Please be aware that we do not have this download available. You may search on third party websites, but it will be under your own responsibility, as we do not recommend downloading from an unofficial website and this information is provided for your convenience only.

Please let me know if you have any additional concerns.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
Jurgen00000
Novice

I've tried to install version 7.7.0.12 but I've got the same error "Attempted to install on an unsupported platform".

Attached is the log,

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

I will look into this. As soon as I have news, I will let you know.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hello Jurgen00000, I just received an update on this matter. 

After reviewing the case, it is important to mention that we are unable to provide recommendations for that version as it is already out of support. We cannot assure that 3rd party websites have the correct download.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos