Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14507 Discussions

Intel i7-7500U CPU for Asus X450U error

bteo0
Beginner

Recently, my laptop has been running extremely slowly with the CPU speed constantly at 0.38gHz. It practically took forever to do processes and the only temporary solution I found online was to use throttlestop and disable BD Prochot. Everything went back to normal and subsequently I did a factory reset on my laptop to hopefully return things to normal. However after the reset, the cpu no longer ran at 0.38gHz but instead at the base speed of 2.90gHz which I found weird as the base speed stated is 2.70gHz and the CPU utilization was always at 100%, making the computer run extremely slow. I checked device manager and found that all the CPU drivers had errors (code 37), as attached below and I have tried everything to fix it, uninstalling the drivers and scanning for hardware changes to reinstall them, downloading external driver softwares (driver booster) to update drivers, using windows troubleshooter to update the driver (no solution found as driver is up to date). I would really appreciate it if someone could help me with this problem as the only way to make the PC usable is to run throttlestop and disable BD Prochot.

imgur.com/a/iBhUyER

0 Kudos
4 Replies
bteo0
Beginner

btw I am on high performance in the power options but many of the options in power plan are missing (im guessing due to the errors in the CPU), I have attached the pictures in the imgur link above.

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee

Hello bteo0,

Thank you for posting on the Intel ® communities.

I would like to start by asking if you have reported this issue to your system manufacturer? This is important because, if this is a laptop, the warranty of the processor is handled by them. If you haven't then I would strongly suggest you to contact them and the report the issue, diagnose the system with any diagnostics software provided by them.

You can try running a diagnostic with our Intel ® Processor Diagnostic Tool, refer to the link below: 

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/19792/Intel-Processor-Diagnostic-Tool

Regards,

David V

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee

Hello bteo0,

Were you able to check my previous post?

Let me know if you need more assistance.

Regards,

David V

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee

Hello bteo0,

Please contact us if you have any additional questions.

Regards,

David V

0 Kudos