Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14511 Discussions

Intel i7-8565U CPU Drop

Alefront
Beginner

Hi, My Intel Core i7-8565U every 10 seconds(more or less) drops its usage from 50% to 9% and its clock from 2.5GHz to 0.3/0.5GHz. This means that if I'm using an application such as Microsoft Teams, Adobe Premiere or a light game like Minecraft every 10 seconds I see a consistent lag.

I tried to figure out my problem on the Internet, and in many websites people wrote that it could be thermal throttling, so I bought for my laptop a cooling base, equipped with 5 fans. These fans keep my CPU temperature under 60 degrees Celsius.

How could I solve my problem? using the computer with this issue is really annoying.

Thanks in advance.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Maria_R_Intel

Hello Alessandro Frontini,

Thank you for posting on the Intel* Community.

To better assist you, please provide us with the below information:

• Pictures of the task manager to see the CPU usage. Use the tab "Performance"
  • Provide us screenshots of the tool/app you are using to monitor the drops.

Please run the following tool in Windows* and attach the report generated. 

Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) 

• Intel® SSU Download
  • Open the application and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View". 
  • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View". 
  • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save". 

Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool (IPDT)

• Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool download.
  • The diagnostic tool checks for brand identification, verifies the processor operating frequency, tests specific processor features and performs a stress test on the processor.
  • To save the report, once the test is done, click on "File >> View Results File" and attach the .txt file to your reply.

Best regards,

Maria R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello Alessandro Frontini,

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let me know if you need more assistance.

Best regards, 

Maria R.  

0 Kudos
Alefront
Beginner

Hello,

I used the software and it reported no issue. I guess i'll have to keep on using my processor as it is.

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello Alefront,

Thank you for your response.

We will proceed to close this thread, keep in mind that you can provide the information we requested so we can take a deep look into your issue.

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Maria R.

0 Kudos