Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14402 Discussions

Intel management engine problem

DBlac14
Beginner

Hello, i replaced motherboard on my laptop, but now i have problem with Intel Management engine interface. I must disable this feature in device manager, but laptop wont usable with this.

In device manager i have this message (Code 10) STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE.

If i update to latest driver from Intel, the device works in device manager, but laptop has forever to shutdown, sleep mode or restart.

I must disable it.

I think its problem with firmware of IMEI. I download the firmware update from lenovo site, but if i run the update, system say to shutdown, then laptop restarted and nothing hapened.

In event viewer i found this Intel(R) Management Engine Interface driver has failed to perform handshake with the Firmware (FWSTS0: 0x80002014, FWSTS1: 0x30650116).

I download CSME_Version_Detection_Tool_Windows from Intel site, i take the picture what this tool show me.

error.jpg

If i update bios nothing changed.

Thanks for help and sorry for my english.

My laptop is lenovo 310-15isk.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
AlHill
Super User

You must contact Lenovo for assistance. They are responsible for your support.

Doc

0 Kudos
DBlac14
Beginner

I know, i post to the lenovo forum, but no answer yet. If you get some idea please help me. System stability is very bad. Thanks.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Sounds to me like you have an incomplete or poorly installed bios/ME.

However, this is a Lenovo issue.

Doc

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Also, is this board new, or used?

Doc

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Actually, I will say further. The ME is not running. This means that the ME firmware is corrupted or missing. This will most definitely cause platform instability. Recovering from this state requires a firmware recovery operation. We can't help you with this; only the platform provider (Lenovo in this case) can provide this.

...S

0 Kudos
DBlac14
Beginner

The motherboard is new, i think its a firmware problem. But only lenovo service do this firmware recovery? Can i do it at home or not? In Lenovo forum anyone not help me with it. Thanks for answers.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Sorry, but you must ask lenovo these questions.

Doc

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Al is correct; you need assistance from Lenovo to recover this.

...S​

0 Kudos