Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14516 Discussions

Intel processor Diagnostic prime number cause shutdown

MTakj
Beginner

Hello...i bought laptop yesterday (asus ROG g531gu) and i tedt it with intel diagnostic...in the prime number test it cause shtdown pc..

cpu is 9750H...and i test this software in another asus laptop(G531gt) with same cpu and it worked...

what is the problem and shall i return for gurranty?

thanks a lot

0 Kudos
9 Replies
AlHill
Super User

I would ask Asus about returning it.

Doc

0 Kudos
MTakj
Beginner

i test with cpu-z & aida64 & powermax and all pass....just problem with intel software...can you please help more?

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Download, run, and save the results of this utility as a text file:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

Then ATTACH the text file (using the paperclip under the toolbar). Then, an Intel support engineer can assist you.

Doc

W10 2004, W10 May 2020, W10 20H1, W10 19041 - A rose, by any other name, still smells.

0 Kudos
MTakj
Beginner

attached output...thanks

0 Kudos
MTakj
Beginner

Please help

0 Kudos
MTakj
Beginner

In dos mode the test is passed but in windows mode problem insist

0 Kudos
MTakj
Beginner

Really no one here to answer?..

Thanks very much intel!

Just sell and no support????

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Patience, Grasshopper.

Doc

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello MTakj

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities and for your patience in this matter.

We have been checking this behavior and we understand that your system ASUS* ROG Strix G531GU* is shutting down when testing it with the Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool. We also noticed that you run the software on a similar computer ASUS* ROG Strix G G531GT with the same processor model and it worked. Actually, both systems seem to be part of the same line, family, or series since driver updates for both systems are available on the same webpage from Asus*.

We also checked your system configuration and confirmed the system is running the latest drivers, Windows® build and latest BIOS version (based on ASUS* Website*).

Since this is a new system and if it is running BIOS at defaults, we would like to mention that you should not be having issues with the new laptop. We recommend checking the temperature when running the Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool to verify if it is shutting down due to overheating or perhaps an internal electrical short causing the problem. Having said that and considering this is a new system and the software runs fine on another computer with the same processor model, we highly recommend checking this further with your Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) ASUS* including (if applicable) to check the warranty status.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Links to third-party sites and references to third-party trademarks are provided for convenience and illustrative purposes only. Unless explicitly stated, Intel® is not responsible for the contents of such links, and no third-party endorsement of Intel® or any of its products is implied.

0 Kudos