Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14531 Discussions

Intel processor diagonistic tool IMC test fail !

ayass1
Beginner

When using the Intel Diagnostic Tool, it gets to the part of the test for IMC and it crashes, saying that "imc.exe has stopped working." When I do a custom test and uncheck that one box, everything else passes all green. What is this and is it a cause for concern?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Spider1415,

Thank you for posting in our Intel ® communities.

I would like to gather more information regarding the current status of your system, please provide me with the .txt file that the https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- System Support Utility will generate. To attach a file, you must click the "Attach" option on the bottom right-hand corner of the response box.

The error that you are experiencing might be caused by different reasons, hardware issues, registriy issues on the OS, or a malware within your system.

Is there a chance that you can attach a screenshot of the error message?

I hope to hear from you soon.

Regards,

Diego S.

Intel (R) Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel (R) Corporation

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Spider1415,

We just wanted to double check if you still need further assistance.

Please do not hesitate on contacting us back.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Regards,

Diego S.

0 Kudos
EKING3
Beginner

Hello, Diego

I am having the same problem. I have posted on other pages about this as well and have had no response thus far. I am ready and willing to follow any instruction Intel Support might have for me and you will find that I am very responsive in situations like this. My issue involves a brand new Intel 6850K CPU freshly installed two days ago. I'm not gaming with it, I have not over clocked it. It's about as fresh as it can be after installation. It has always been a habit of mine to run diagnostics before proceeding with intense processing such as rendering, running media, or even gaming. I have not done any of those things with this CPU yet. I am running an independent RAID array (RAID 10) on an LSI controller. Is it possible that this might affect the Intel diagnostic test? It didn't before on the exact same model of CPU. Input please? Anyone?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello CHESTERBESTERFESTERTESTER,

Thank you for your response and for posting in our Intel ® communities

In this case, your Issue will be addressed in here Re: /thread/145974 Imc Fail 5820k

We will proceed to close this ticket so we can unify your inquiry.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Diego S.

0 Kudos