Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14395 Discussions

Intel's Extreme Tuning Utility Error

idata
Employee

There is a Screenshot of my Error below. I don't understand why I get it, I also get it with any Version too. I have also added a Screenshot of the Log File for anyone's Convince. If anyone could help me that would be great. I can supply any info you guys require.T Thanks for the help, DWreck.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
EZoha
Beginner

I'm getting the same error 0x80070643.

I have an Intel i5-3570K on Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H.

OS is Windows 7 SP1 x64 eng.

0 Kudos
JOKee
Beginner

I Have Similar Prob "Unable to start Intel Extreme Tuning Utility.If there is another performance tuning application running,you must close it before trying to start this application" & I Have Uninstalled Every One Of Them & It Still Comes Up,HELP ME!!!!

0 Kudos
EZoha
Beginner

I just wanted to add that I have .NET Framework v4.5 installed.

I believe the error has got something to do with that.

0 Kudos
BThel
Beginner

I only have .NET 4.0 installed (Window 7 64-bit SP1), so it might not be 4.5 -- or I suppose it could just be .NET in general. You can uninstall .NET 4.5 and then install 4.0, downloaded from Microsoft or via Windows Update.

0 Kudos
BThel
Beginner

I am also getting the same error 0x80070643. My log file looks identical for the errors. What could be going wrong? The XTU installer doesn't recognize the DH87RL? Anyone have any insight at all into this?

0 Kudos
xx7
Beginner

Just an observation, Intel Extreme Tuning Utility doesn't work on win 8.

I have win 7 64bit and was having these problems. Firstly, it refused to install, displaying error 0x80070643. After googling i discovered that the installer assumes (or needs) that the windows firewall service is enabled (not active, but just enabled in msconfig). After that you must reboot and then reinstall IETU, and it will install without errors. Many people don't use windows firewall anymore, there are far better free firewalls available.

Then i tried to run it, and it showed error "Unable to start Intel Extreme Tuning Utility.If there is another performance tuning application running,you must close it before trying to start this application". The problem is that apparently, the new version of IETU doesn't detect the old version. It might be because they have slightly different names; the recent is called Intel Extreme Tuning Utility, and the old is called Intel(R) Extreme Tuning Utility. Note the (R) after Intel. Both were installed on my system. After uninstalling the older one, the recent version worked.

Intel has to test more their installation procedures.

0 Kudos