Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Novice

IntelTBTCoin.log

Apologies, I could not find a suitable topic to post this under, so please bear with me.

Please suggest a better location if you can help.

Windows 10 2004, running Windows 10 Pro for Workstation with Zeon processors and it includes a Thunderbolt 3 interface card.

I have a folder on the startup drive under Intel that has one file in it, IntelTBTCoin.log

It seems to be either a scam and I assume its running Bitcoin software or its an unfortunate name for an Intel program.

I cannot find any mention of this filename on the Internet so hoping someone can help here.

Thanks in advance for any reasonable help.

Mike

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Contributor III

Re: IntelTBTCoin.log

Really? When I google this file name, I get multiple hits (not including the entry for your post).

...S

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

Hi

Thanks for answering, when I look my post is the first one I see.

There is only oblique mentions, mostly to do with labeling not Intel.

As its in a Folder clled Intel, and I have a thunderbird 3 card installed I assumed it was for that but as I am having problems with an M2 drive was looking all around the pc.

I'd appreciate any links you can provide because Chrome and Vivaldi do not come up with anything meaningful

Mike

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Contributor III

Sorry, I got nothing, though I gotta mention that the last hit is to a threat report - which simply mentions this file in passing as something deleted during the package's uninstall. Amazing (and concerning!) that a TBT installalation package got a threat score of 87/100.

Perhaps Intel Customer Support can query the development team regarding this file...

...S

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re:IntelTBTCoin.log

Hello MSted2, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

I just wanted to check if you still need further assistance in reference to the IntelTBTCoin.log file?

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

Re: Re:IntelTBTCoin.log

Hello,

Yes please, I have not been able to work out what this file is for or what program created it.

It's either Intel or HP as I believe it to be related to the HP Thunderbolt card that is installed, 

However the name is misleading and Calle be related to bit coin mining, hence my interest here.

If you can shed any light on this it would be appreciated.

Regards

Mike

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi MSted2, Thank you very much for your response.

Sure, we will do further research on this matter, as soon as I get any updates I will post all the details on this thread.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello MSted2, I just received an update on this matter.

In reference to your inquiry, just to let you know, the TBTCoin is a crypto that creates different projects of aggregation, exchange data, and many more.

So, actually, for this specific scenario, the next thing to do will be to get in contact with the manufacturer of the computer since Intel® does not support M.2 and this issue could be associated with the thunderbolt driver. 

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos