Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14404 Discussions

International warranty for India

Bhavesh1
Beginner
Please let me know if I purchase an i7-12700k processor from USA, will I be able to claim warranty on it in India?
0 Kudos
4 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

From previous queries, my understanding is that,

• If you purchased it while IN the USA and then take it to India, then yes, it would be covered.
  • If you purchased it from the USA while IN India, then no, it would not be covered.

I welcome the Intel Customer Support folks (@Ronny_G_Intel) to illuminate us if my understanding is incorrect...

...S

0 Kudos
Ronny_G_Intel
Community Manager

Hi Bhavesh1 and n_scott_pearson,

I just checked with the Processors team and they don't see any problem with that if the processor is legally imported into the Country.
I believe that the only limitation we have country-based is with China, refer to https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005494/processors.html#:~:text=In%20general%2C%20most%20Intel%C2%AE%20Boxed%20Processors%20carry%20a,if%20or%20when%20Intel%20provides%20a%20product%20replacement

For further information refer to https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/processors/13th-Gen-Limited-Warranty-Terms-and-Conditions.pdf

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Ronny G

Bhavesh1
Beginner
Thankyou for clarifying that but please note I'm talking about purchasing it in the USA (from Amazon or BestBuy maybe) and then bringing it to India.
0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Ronny,

Strange wording there. Are you saying my understanding is correct? Is a processor 'legally imported' into a country if it is purchased in that country from a storefront in another country? A customer reported a few days ago that NewEgg was saying that this would void the warranty. Perhaps they were referring to it being returned back to them?

...S

P.S. Don't for get that there is (also) a unique warranty for Australia.

0 Kudos