Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14507 Discussions

Is 1.2v for VCCSA and VCCSO safe for i7 10700k?

Beginner

Question is in topic title.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

10000001, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance on this topic, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

What is the model of the motherboard that you are using?

Which Windows* version are you using?

Are you doing overclocking?

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Beginner
ok, so:
1. ASUS PRIME Z490-P
2. Windows 10
3. Yes, i'm doing overclocking to boost my RAM to 4000MHz (with 1,45V on DRAM voltage). There are two Patriot CL19 4400MHz RAM kits - each has 8GB capacity
0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

10000001, Thank you very much for providing that information.

In reference to overclocking, just to let you know, altering clock frequency or voltage may damage or reduce the useful life of the processor and other system components, and may reduce system stability and performance. Product warranties may not apply if the processor is operated beyond its specifications. Check with the manufacturers of system and components for additional details.

That is the reason why Intel® does not have any documentation or suggestions on this matter, we actually recommend to use the computer at stock configurations with the default BIOS settings.

Still, we encourage all the peers viewing this conversation, that if they have any feedback or suggestions on this topic to post them on this thread, we are sure they will be very useful and helpful for all the user viewing his forum.

"i'm doing overclocking to boost my RAM to 4000MHz", Keep in mind that the memory controller is located on the Intel® Processor, so, the processor will be the one that indicates which memory RAM to use. For the Intel® Core™ i7-10700K Processor, as you can see in the link below, the proper memory RAM should be DDR4-2933, if you try to use the processor at 4000Mhz, it might work for a while but sooner or later there will be a problem with the computer since you are forcing the processor to run at speeds it does not support, so, please make sure the memory RAM is actually running at 2933MHz:

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/199335/intel-core-i7-10700k-processor-16m-cache-up-to-5-10-ghz.html

For additional information, you can always get in contact directly with ASUS support, since the BIOS of the board was designed and customized by them, or you can also check directly with the manufacturer of the RAM for further suggestions on this matter:

https://www.asus.com/support/

https://www.patriotmemory.com/

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Beginner
Thanks for reply. Sure, I will change my settings. I noticed that default BIOS setting of RAM is 2133MHz, not 2933 - should I leave it like that?
0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

10000001, You are very welcome, thank you very much for your response.

" I noticed that default BIOS setting of RAM is 2133MHz, not 2933 - should I leave it like that?", yes, that is no problem, if the value is lower than 2933MHz there is no issue nor risk, the concern comes when using a value higher than 2933 MHz.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos