Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14534 Discussions

Is cpu performance affected by TDP

ngoc03
Beginner

So, I have intel core i5 1135g7 with Configurable TDP-up was 28W. But the maximum TDP I get was 19W (when I playing game or doing something heavy). There for, the question is like I said above: is cpu performance affected by TDP. If yes, how can I increase the TDP.  

0 Kudos
3 Replies
David_G_Intel

Hello ngoc03

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. Processors with configurable TDP have two modes:

1. Configurable TDP-up is a processor operating mode where the processor behavior and performance is modified by raising TDP and the processor frequency to fixed points. The use of Configurable TDP-up is typically executed by the system manufacturer to optimize power and performance. 
  2. Configurable TDP-down is a processor operating mode where the processor behavior and performance is modified by lowering TDP and the processor frequency to fixed points. The use of Configurable TDP-down is typically executed by the system manufacturer to optimize power and performance. 

Performance can be affected by TDP value but the system manufacturers configure CPUs within the specific values posted on the product specification page:

Depending on the design of the chassis/cooler, the computer manufacturer may increase or decrease Base Frequency and TDP. For specific system specifications, please check with the system manufacturer.

Regards, 

David G 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Let us know if you have any questions.  

Best regards,  

David G.  

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.   

Best regards,  

David G. 

0 Kudos