Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14395 Discussions

Is i5-7500 better than i7-2630QM?

BT
Beginner

My old Dell Vostro has http://ark.intel.com/products/52219/Intel-Core-i7-2630QM-Processor-6M-Cache-up-to-2_90-GHz i7-2630QM. The launch year is 2011 and the processor has 4 cores/8 threads and has a hyperthreading feature.

I'm comparing this with the new https://ark.intel.com/products/97123/Intel-Core-i5-7500-Processor-6M-Cache-up-to-3_80-GHz i5-7500. The launch year is 2017 and it comes with 4 cores/4 threads and doesn't have a hyperthreading feature.

Obviously the base frequency, max turbo frequency and cache are higher in i5-7500. So which processor is better?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Employee

Hello berty,

Thank you for contacting the Intel community.

These are two different platforms and it's not about if one is better than the other, Intel make the processors depending on the customer's needs and this will depend what you need the system for.

The Intel® Core™ i7-2630QM Processor is a second generation processor and the Intel® Core™ i5-7500 Processor is a 7th generation processor.

For example if you are planning to play games the 7th generation processor is a better option for the graphics, the memory supported and speed, also if you want to watch videos or movies in 4k resolution the 7th generation is capable of it.

There is a big difference on these two processors but also this depends on what the customer needs the system for.

Best regards,

Ivan U.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello berty,

Thank you for contacting the Intel community.

These are two different platforms and it's not about if one is better than the other, Intel make the processors depending on the customer's needs and this will depend what you need the system for.

The Intel® Core™ i7-2630QM Processor is a second generation processor and the Intel® Core™ i5-7500 Processor is a 7th generation processor.

For example if you are planning to play games the 7th generation processor is a better option for the graphics, the memory supported and speed, also if you want to watch videos or movies in 4k resolution the 7th generation is capable of it.

There is a big difference on these two processors but also this depends on what the customer needs the system for.

Best regards,

Ivan U.

0 Kudos
Santivss98
Beginner
ood morning, first of all I apologize for the translation I am using google translator, I have a problem with my Intel Core i5 7500 processor and it is that it does not support almost any game, Fortnite, Pubg etc, the processor is put to% 100 of use and the whole system gets very slow it is impossible to play I have tried everything absolutely everything I know and what I found on the internet and I have not been able to solve it ...
My PC Specifications
Intel I5 7500
GTX 1060 6GB
16GB Ram 2400mz
Ssd 120gb
Hdd 1tb
Mother Msi gaming pro carbon z270
Please I need help with this, because it cannot be that this processor does not support fortnite with the characteristics of my pc
0 Kudos