Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14402 Discussions

Is there DDIO equivalent I/O technology in i9 or other new generation CPU?

User1590822345836119

Hi,

We have 2 servers in use, CPU are i9-9900ks and e5-2643v4 respectively. We equip them with solarflare's NIC to deal with network packets. Recently, we found that serve with e5 CPU performs better than i9, which is different from our expectation.

We think that maybe ee5 CPU can reach lower lantency with DDIO technology. But e5 is older generation, frenquency cannot meet our expectation. My questions are:

1. is there DDIO equivalent I/O technology in newer generation CPU?
  2. can I find one CPU with better I/O technology and higher CPU frequency?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AndrewG_Intel

Hello User15908223458361196046

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

We are glad to assist you with this inquiry regarding Intel® Core™ i9-9900KS Processor and Intel® Data Direct I/O Technology (Intel® DDIO). Please allow us to look into this and we will be updating this thread as soon as more details are available.

Note:

For inquiries regarding Intel® Xeon® Processor E5-2643 v4 and other Intel® Xeon® processors, we kindly recommend you posting a new and separate inquiry so we can provide you with more accurate assistance and proper tracking of product inquiries related to Server segment. You may also post in the Intel® Server Forum.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
User1590822345836119

Hello Andrew,

Thanky you so much! I have posted a new inquiry on Server Forum, and I'm also want to know if i9 series support DDIO. Look forward to your reply.

Best Regards.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Thank you for your patience in this matter.

After checking further regarding your inquiry, we would like to inform you that Intel® DDIO is enabled by default on all Intel® Xeon® processor E5 servers and workstations. This is not supported on non-Xeon® platforms.

Also, the performance difference observed should be normal. This is because Intel® Core™ processor platforms are designed for workloads different that Intel® Xeon® processors.

Should you have additional inquiries, please do not hesitate to contact us back.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you were able to check our previous post. Should you have additional inquiries please do not hesitate to contact us back.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

We have not heard back from you so we will proceed to close this question. If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us back.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos