Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14400 Discussions

Is there a speculation which cpu will replace the existing pentiums and core M? Right now i see n5000/4415y and 8X00y in stores. Is there any new on what and when they will be replaced?

RAshu
Beginner

I am looking to create a device/brand in the future.

And have MANY friends who work for the brand (intel) but are not allowed to disclose anything.

The reason I want to know is so I can time this product right.

Thanks

0 Kudos
9 Replies
AlHill
Super User

You will not find any disclosures here.

Doc

0 Kudos
RAshu
Beginner

Thanks for replying. But I understand that.

That's why wrote speculations...

Is there a place you would refer me to?

Also, after i posted this I realized that the 8X00y series might be too expensive for my purpose...

I'm down to the pentiums. (since they can have 8gb ram, the main downfall is the graphics, and i don't know if amd is a smart marketing choice).

One thing I couldn't understand is what is the difference between burst frequency and Max Turbo Frequency.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

I am sure some of the web sites out there speculate on such topics. Intel does not provide that information, especially via this community SUPPORT forum.

Doc

0 Kudos
RAshu
Beginner

Sorry, but can you please stop reacting?

I'm not asking Intel to provide anything.

I'm asking other people BECAUSE I didn't find anything out there.

So unless you have a link please don't bother wasting time. (not trying to be impolite but what is your goal with this reaction?)

Unless you can guide me to the right forum which I also didn't find.

No answer is better than not relevant answer.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
RAshu
Beginner

Btw, anyone knows the difference between burst frequency and Max Turbo Frequency?

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

I am not reacting. I am trying to tell you there is no speculation here, on this support forum, and you will not listen. There is no Intel forum that can help you, and no Intel employee or contractor that can help you.

I am not an Intel employee or contractor.

So, you keep asking for something that is not available. What you want is not here. There is no link.

Ask as many times as you want, and the answer will be the same.

Have a happy life.

Doc

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
RAshu, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support. In reference to your first question, Al Hill is right, there is no official information provided by Intel about which processors will replace the Intel® Pentiums and Core M's. Regarding your second question about what is the difference between Intel® Burst frequency and Intel® Max Turbo frequency, in fact the idea is pretty much the same, it will depend on the specific processor model, Burst frequency is the maximum single core frequency at which the processor is capable of operating, is to provide on-demand, higher performance for very short intervals of time in small device form factors, while Intel® Turbo Boost Frequency is the maximum single core frequency at which the processor is capable of operating using Intel® Turbo Boost Technology and, if present, Intel® Thermal Velocity Boost, allows processor cores to run faster than the base operating frequency if they're operating below power, current, and temperature specification limits on desktop and mobile platforms. The advertised clock frequency for a given Atom model will be its peak burst mode frequency. While using a processor with Turbo Boost, this allows the unit to exceed the advertised clock speed for short periods of time. In the following link you will find more details about Intel® Turbo Boost Max Technology: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000021587/processors.html Regards, Alberto R. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
RAshu
Beginner
0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
RAshu, You are very welcome. Any other inquiry, do not hesitate to contact us again. Regards, Alberto R. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos