Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14505 Discussions

Is there any intel i3 chipset which support remote UEFI configuration using VPro or any other methods. We are manufacturing some windows tablet pc based on Atom , i3 and i5 chip-set all of which should have provision to change the BIOS settings remotely.

RTP00
Beginner

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AlHill
Super User

You can use this tool to search for processor features:

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/search/featurefilter.html?productType=processors

Doc

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

In short, the answer is No. Only Intel Core i5, i7 and i9 processors include VPro support. Further, only boards equipped with Q Series chipsets -- Q35, Q45, Q57, Q67, Q77, Q87, Q170, Q270 and Q370 (and their mobile equivalents) -- include VPro support. Other than via VPro (AMT) support, I know of no other way to enable Remote Console access to systems in the pre-Boot state.

Sorry,

...S

0 Kudos
RTP00
Beginner

Thanks a lot Pearson for your kind support. As you mentioned i also reached in the conclusion that without AMT we can not remote login to bios in the pre boot state. So i am seeking if there is an option to change the BIOS settings when the system is on the powered on or after the Booting is completed. Please help with your reply.

Thanks in advance

n_scott_pearson
Super User

No. If that were possible, it wouldn't be a very secure design.

...S​