Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14397 Discussions

Issue with 11th gen i5 and midi controllers

CuriousDog
Beginner
I have an issue with a new Lenovo laptop that I bought to use for doing some DJ/karaoke work. I also attached a midi key controller to use with an Arturia program. Seems the keyboard and the DJ controller both turn on via USB but they dont communicate with the laptop. Pioneer techs told me they have a lot of comments that the 11th gen i5 PCU is the issue. Lenovo techs said usb components are beyond their scope so they are no help at all. Any suggestions? I tried updating BIOS and audio driver and disabling Firewall. I was having a hard time trying to find out how to turn off antivirus but the McAfee that came with it is expired.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
David_G_Intel

Hello CuriousDog

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. 

Our support is iimited for this request since it could be a laptop issue. To give you some suggestions, please proviude the following information:

• Name and model of the devices connected to the laptop.
  • Model of the Lenovo laptop.
  • How do you connect those devices? With USB-C cables?
  • Are you using any adapters/converters? Please explain the connections

Regards, 

David G 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
CuriousDog
Beginner

Hi David,

The connections were with USB Type A connectors and then tried a 2.0 hub. I first tried a Arturia Minikey Lab keys controller with no luck and then bought a Pioneer DDJ400 DJ controller to use with Rekordbox software and it doesn't recognize that either. Pioneer sent me a message that a lot of users were having issues with the 11th Gen i-3/5/7 cpus.

Lenovo Laptop specs:

USB 3.2 Gen 1 features a maximum throughput of 5 Gb/s and is synonymous with USB 3.1 Gen 1 and USB 3.0.

• 2.4 GHz Intel Core i5 4-Core (11th Gen)
  • 16GB of DDR4 RAM | 512GB M.2 SSD
  • 15.6" 1920 x 1080 IPS-Type Display
  • two USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A ports, as well as a Type-C port supporting DisplayPort connections and power delivery
  • Integrated Intel Iris Xe Graphic
  • this laptop is also protected by a TPM chip, user HDD and power-on passwords, and a touch-style fingerprint reader. The Lenovo IdeaPad 5 boasts an 11-hour battery life and runs on the Windows 10 Home 64-bit operating system.

0 Kudos
cmx81
Beginner

Hello,

having same issue with Pioneer controller DDJ SX and Presonus Faderport with my HP envy x360 with intel i5 11th gen and win10.

After contacting pioneer and hp support they said the root cause is that i5 11th gen cannot handle midi signals via usb.

Within the device manager all usb devices are listed properly, but as soons as midi signals should be handled does either happens nothing or error message appears.

All latest updates and firmwares are installed.

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel

Hello CuriousDog,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

We appreciate the information you provided and to continue checking in our end if there is something we can advise to help, please provide the following report and information:

Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU)

Download link: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support Utility-for-Windows-

• Open the application and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information
  • By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".  
  • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  
  • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".  

Note: You can use the option under the reply window to attach the report and any other files to the thread (Drag and drop here or browse files to attach).

• Did you make sure those USB components were compatible with the program that you use for them?
  • If you check your device manager and go to the sound, video, and game controllers section do you see the midi key controller or the DJ controller there?
  • Have you checked with the respective manufacturer of the Midi key controller and the DJ controller to see if they offer a firmware update for it or some sort of driver?
  • You mentioned that Pioneer sent you a message mentioning that a lot of users have been having issues with their equipment and 11th gen processors did they mention something else? Are they working to get an update or to modify something so their equipment can work?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Victor G.

Intel Technical Support Technician  

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Hello CuriousDog

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Let us know if you still need assistance.   

Best regards,  

David G.   

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Steve13foxarmy
Beginner
No, we have not received a fix. HP and Intel need to make this right. I have 7 grand invested in a DJ system that is absolutely useless because of a $1,400 BRAND NEW laptop that has some sort of MIDI garbage wrong with it. You all better quit looking for other reasons why this doesn't work, because it's not Pioneer, Serato, our drivers, our firmware, it is YOUR JUNK. I highly suggest this gets fixed ASAP before DJ's that have weddings booked are cost those gigs because of your incompetence.
0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Hello CuriousDog

To resolve your problem we need the information and report requested previously, please let us know once you have the information.

Best regards,  

David G.   

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Best regards,  

David G. 

0 Kudos