Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14395 Discussions

Issue with processor being overused with no apparent reason

Nolord
Novice

In the task manager my processor constantly displays a percentage of use greater than the sum of the individual percentage of use of every software.

I don't know if it is a display problem or a problem linked to something else but anyway, I want to fix it.

I searched for a fix and found nothing. I saw some post on forums on the internet talking abour the processor always being at a 100%, it is not my case but the processor goes to a 100% more often than it should.

I have an Intel Core i7 6500U and I've made every update I could.

I'm french so if you speak that language fluently, I would obviously prefer a french answer.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
AlHill
Super User

So we can have more information about your system, Download, run, and save the results of this utility as a text file:
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

Then ATTACH the text file (look at the instructions under the reply window).

Doc

0 Kudos
Nolord
Novice

Here it is.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

You've sat there and summed up the utilization of all of the (literally hundreds of) processes? Including all those belonging to the O/S? You are taking into account the fact that sampling provides only an estimate of the percentages? You understand the plethora of background processes that Windows 10 has for system maintenance?

Seriously? No apparent reason? Really?

...S

0 Kudos
Nolord
Novice

I think everyone could understand that I'm not a computer genius, that's why I came looking for help that you're not giving me.

Yes I summed up the utilization of all processes (or whatever the name it is, i'm talking about what there is on the linked screenshot on my post ), there is maybe a hundred of them but the large majority displays 0.0%.

If it's only because it is displaying an estimation, maybe I have no problem at all, but I remembered that that was not the case and the sum was correct, that's why I'm asking.

An if there is others "background processes" that are not showing up on the task manager, I personally call that something that is not apparent.

Maybe everything I said was dumb but like I said, I'm not a computer genius.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

No, I am not talking about entities that are not showing up in TM, I am talking about the service processes with their multiple threads that are poised to jump in and eat cycles doing maintenance if the user stops to think for a moment (an exaggeration, but you get the drift). Yes, I am saying these are estimates. MS can only measure based upon clock tick based time slices and thread switching can happen many times during a time slice. No, I am not saying (or thinking) anything about you other than there are things a heck of a lot more important going on in the world than worrying about an issue like this.

...S

0 Kudos