Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14403 Discussions

Issues with I7-4790k temperatures

MBell10
Beginner

So I've recently changed my cooling system to a new liquid cooling system (Cooler Master Seidon 120V Ver.2), however my CPU reaches 90+ degrees while playing games and goes up to 97 degrees on stress tests.

It stays around 60c when idle.

I also have 4 more fans in my case.

Any thoughts on what could it be?

Thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello ParagonSW,

Thank you for contacting the Intel community.

When you had the other cooler installed did you get the same problem and you had at the moment the 4 more fans in your case as well?

Make sure all the fans you have installed are blowing the air out and not doing any twister because it will overheat your system.

Also, make sure you BIOS is up to date and your drivers and that you apply new thermal paste.

Please let me know how it goes.

Best regards,

Ivan U.

0 Kudos
MBell10
Beginner

Hello,

yes i had the same issue with the previous cooler, and no i didnt have those fans.

Regarding the twister, the case itself came with a fan that intakes air... (this is the case: Corsair CC-9011056-WW), then i have another fan right below the pre-built one that takes in air + 2 on top that expel air.

My BIOS and drivers are up to date, also i have applied new thermal paste 3 days ago.

Could the fans be the problem?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

If your chassis came with those fans I'm pretty sure it is fine, do you have your motherboard BIOS updated to the latest version?

Ivan U.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello,

I'm following on this post to ask you if your issue has been resolved or if you need further assistance.

Regards,

Ivan U.
0 Kudos