Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14403 Discussions

J4005 high cpu usage

Anonymous
Not applicable

hello

i´ve got a Gigabyte j4005n d2p and the problem, that there´s a process called "system interuptions" claiming a lot of cpu resources.

i tried all new drivers, new bios, diable hardware in windows, take out hardware from the motherboard, microcode updates for windows , new installation of windows , disable processes , change bios settings and advanced startup.

but nothing solves my problem with the high cpu usage.

i checked the cpu using intel tools but it seems ok.

so maybe somebody here can tell me what to do. 

or is this cpu not intended for windows 10 pro x64 ? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
n_scott_pearson
Super User
First of all, just look at ARK.INTEL.COM entry for your processor. It will indicate whether designed for x64. You can also check max memory supported. If >4GB, it is guaranteed that x64 is supported (couldn't address >4GB of memory otherwise).
I have never heard that process name -- other than in reports of malware attacks. You have likely been infected.
...S

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User
First of all, just look at ARK.INTEL.COM entry for your processor. It will indicate whether designed for x64. You can also check max memory supported. If >4GB, it is guaranteed that x64 is supported (couldn't address >4GB of memory otherwise).
I have never heard that process name -- other than in reports of malware attacks. You have likely been infected.
...S
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

congratulations !

i assume "S
uper User Retired Employee" means that you are a former employee of intel.

from 386-times till right now i have had a very good point of view at intel. like : they know their stuff, lots of knowledge and so on.

i never never never never would have expect such an answer from an intel emloyee.

really ? maybe its not x64 ? hello ? its 2020 almost every cpu intel produced is x64 ?

maybe its malware , you are likely infected ? sure bro ? you dont know system interrupts ? 

so with this answer, i will never buy an intel product anymore. i thank you for your "try" to help. but no.

if i know more about hardware than an intel employee, i will never buy an intel product again.

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello Anonymous, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

In order to better assist you, please provide the following: 

1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach the report generated:  

• Open the application, check the "Everything" box, and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".   
  • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".   
  • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".   
  • Use the option under the reply window to attach the report to the thread (Drag and drop here or browse files to attach).  

2. Run the Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool and send the results either in a screenshot or .txt file. To save the report, once the test is done, click on "File >> View Results File" and attach the .txt file to your reply.  

3. Can you provide a screenshot of the task manager so we can see this "system interruptions" process and how much CPU it consumes? 

4. If you boot your PC into safe mode, do you face the same issue? https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode-in-windows-10-92c27cff-db89-8644-1ce4-b3e5e56fe234 

Regards, 

Sebastian M  

Intel Customer Support Technician

Links to third-party sites and references to third-party trademarks are provided for convenience and illustrative purposes only. Unless explicitly stated, Intel® is not responsible for the contents of such links, and no third-party endorsement of Intel or any of its products is implied. 

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello Anonymous

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you need further assistance. Please do not hesitate to contact us back if you have additional inquiries.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello Anonymous,  

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance or if you have additional questions, please create a new thread and we will gladly assist you.  

Regards,  

Sebastian M  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos