Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14507 Discussions

Just installed the i5 6600k and I keep getting "this computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software"

CCort3
Beginner

I just installed this and I don't know where else to ask. I just upgraded my cpu from an i5 3330 to an i5 6600k just to really get better fps on csgo.

When trying to update my drivers I get an "this computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software" error and i'm not exactly sure what to do. I installed both the .zip and .exe and they give the same error, I also went back to older versions of the driver and same thing. Is there a fix to this? I try playing csgo and I rarely see an improvement and I notice that when I see other people's benchmarks that they get a stable 300fps.

I'm not really knowledable at all with PCs so help would be greatly appreciated Thanks.

SPECS:

MB: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. H270M-DS3H

CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-6600K CPU @ 3.50GHz

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970

PSU: Corsair 750W

0 Kudos
1 Reply
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Cameron,

There are no drivers required to support your processor in this configuration. The only drivers related to the processor are for the embedded Intel HD Graphics/Intel HD Audio solution -- but, in your case, this embedded solution is disabled because you have the NVIDIA card installed, so the Intel drivers are not necessary (and, as you have seen, will not install because this solution is disabled).

All that said, there are drivers necessary for the Intel H270 chipset as well as other Intel/non-Intel components on this motherboard. You should be downloading and installing *all* of the driver packages for your O/S version that Gigabyte is making available for this motherboard on their web site.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos