Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14502 Discussions

KabyLake PCI Express Root Port # 10 - A2B1 issue. Please help?

mman1
Beginner

Hello,

Device manager is giving me a warning sign next to

/message/505475# 505475 KabyLake PCI Express Root Port # 10 - A2B1

it looks like drivers are not good.

I am using a brand new Asrock Z370 Taichi w/ intel I7 8700K Coffee lake.

How can I solve this issue?? I have already installed all supplied drivers by asrock, and it doesnt change anything.

Please help, thank you.

1 Solution
mman1
Beginner

I fixed the issue.

Downloaded the inf chipset drivers from asrock website.

Installed it via the command prompt.

I typed setupchipset.exe -overall.

Followed instructions.

Problem solved.

Thank you, bye!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
mman1
Beginner

I fixed the issue.

Downloaded the inf chipset drivers from asrock website.

Installed it via the command prompt.

I typed setupchipset.exe -overall.

Followed instructions.

Problem solved.

Thank you, bye!

0 Kudos
TSlay
Beginner

LINK or more detail please?????? I have Z270 Pro4 SAME ISSUE and when I do the "setupchipset.exe -overall" it doesnt fix shit. Please post link of exact part of the asrock website cause im there now and theres a ton of downloads and i dont see a damn thing about "inf chipset. Im under driver updates and all i see is Intel management engine driver, the turbo boost max technology, and the intel optane memory

WHICH LINK do i download to fix this bullshit???

PLEASE HELP ME!!! :-(

LOOK AT RIGHT IMAGE in attachment(sorry, 2 monitors)

0 Kudos
TSlay
Beginner

BTW if you cant see the photo it says

"setupchipset.exe is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file."

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

You have to CD to the folder where you extracted the files from the ZIP file and then do the "SetupChipset -overall" command.

...S

0 Kudos
TSlay
Beginner

wtf does CD mean other than the disk bro speak english

0 Kudos
TSlay
Beginner

btw i downloaded the link you sent and its asking me to downgrade why would i want to DOWNgrade a driver???

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Travis,

You are so young. CD means Change Directory; it is a command-line (DOSBOX, Powershell) "tool". As for why you would want to downgrade a device driver, if the upgraded device driver has added a problem that is affecting how you work (or play), then you downgrade to a version that doesn't have the problem until it is properly fixed.

The Chipset Software (a.k.a. INF Update) package does not actually contain or install any device drivers. Instead, what it is doing is installing .INF files that tell Microsoft-supplied device drivers how to optimally support a particular (Intel) device. In this case, it may be that one of the .INF files says something that it shouldn't or no longer says something that is should. Regardless, whatever version of this package was installed originally, it failed to update (read: provide information about) these Root Ports. By reinstalling this package (and using the "-overall" flag to force over-install), the entries for these missing devices will be installed. Now, if you are bothered by doing a "downgrade", you can look for a newer version of this package on the Intel downloadcenter site of you wish. The link I provided points to the master release - which should be good enough, but their admittedly are update(s) available. The problem with installing these updates may be that your motherboard manufacturer may not have had a chance to validate these updates. You should really be installing whatever version your motherboard manufacturer provides on their web site.

...S

0 Kudos