Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14400 Discussions

Kinda of a stupid question, but is it safe to remove Intel drivers like Rapid storage technology or Management engine components?

AHold5
Beginner

I recently got a new CPU that is not intel (Ryzen 5), but ive been experiencing constant and unexpected crashes related to memory management (based off the errors the Windows blue screen gave me).

I am still trying to figure out the cause of the crashes, but old Intel drivers might be the cause and I am wondering if these are safe to remove since I am no-longer running an Intel chip, or are these still important?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Yes, you can remove these drivers. I don't think that this will make a difference, however. You really should reinstall the O/S from scratch if you have made hardware changes this dramatic (processor, chipset, motherboard, etc. all changed).

Hope this helps,

...S

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Yes, you can remove these drivers. I don't think that this will make a difference, however. You really should reinstall the O/S from scratch if you have made hardware changes this dramatic (processor, chipset, motherboard, etc. all changed).

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
AHold5
Beginner

Thank you. I thankfully have a second drive that I can just dump everything of mild importance to me onto just incase the reinstall decides to mess with things (it's happened to me in the past. all of those accidental ksp screenshots because the screenshot key is the same as the aerodynamics key...) but before I do that i'll see if just removing the old intel software will do the trick.

0 Kudos