Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14511 Discussions

LGA 1700 dimension

Romanetto
Beginner

Hi, I would like to know the size of the holes in the motherboard to create the heatsink that can fit the new LGA 1700 format.

I am in the process of changing the hardware and would like to get the new processor that Intel will release, I have a self built liquid cooling system and need to know these dimensions to build the watee block retention bracket.

Thanks for who will be able to help me

I apologize if the section is not the correct one, eventually a moderator could move me to the right one. Thank you

Daniele

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Romanetto,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

I would like to let you know that the best way to get the right information is by getting in contact with the motherboard manufacturer since the "holes" may be located in different positions depending on the motherboard (if you mean the holes to attach the cooling solution).

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.  

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos
Awoolyx
Beginner

Hi @DeividA_Intel,

To prevent anyone getting confused here:

Intel Sockets (LGA 775 LGA 115X, LGA 1200, etc.) have standardized dimensions and restrictions from Intel or cooling solutions.
The motherboards all have to follow them - they also follow Intel's ATX Dimensions with screw placements. Motherboard manufacturers very rarely do anything on their own, as far as I'm aware, they only do it on very specialized boards.

Intel made the standards for the dimensioning. Do not get confused here.

To solve the question @Romanetto had - let me refer to the Intel Resource & Design Center. You can find dimensional details there, however, you might need to sign up to a corporate non-disclosure agreement. To find the correct information, you will find these under the generation codenames that first used the socket.

Best Regards,
Alyx Buckmann

0 Kudos
Romanetto
Beginner

Hi DeividA_Intel

Yes I was referring to the holes for the cooling system.

These holes should be standard, all the same. I am not aware of cooling systems dedicated to the motherboard, but dedicated to the type of socket for each manufacturer will be the same.

Thanks for the reply

Daniele

0 Kudos