Processors
Processors (Intel® Core™, Intel® Xeon®, etc); processor utilities and programs (Intel® Processor Identification Utility, Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility, Intel® Easy Streaming Wizard, etc.)
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
For the latest information on Intel’s response to the Log4j/Log4Shell vulnerability, please see Intel-SA-00646
11851 Discussions

LGA1150 CPU Glitches

Asterix
Beginner

Dear,

I am an electrician. in my spare time i like to help people by fixing their electronics and computers.

For the last time i have been running into this issue whit LGA1150 devices.

The problem occurse even with typical usage. Like browsing the internet or typing in word.

I have a couple devices where this occures. I was able to solve the issue on one by replacing the processor into a Pentium instead of a Core I processor. However there still was a loss of performance...

The issue wich keeps occuring makes it impossible to interact with the GUI for a couple of seconds or even minutes. The computer simple wont respond to the mouse and  keyboard.

I am capable of solving it by pressing ctr+alt+del and launching task manager but it doesnt solve the issue permanently. When looking in Task Manager the problem seems to occure with a high memory usage. 

I have tested the memory, and installed al the drivers including chipset and more.

It keeps occuring with lga1150 platforms if i use the exact devices on annotherplatrm such as LGa1155 or lga1151 i have no issue. 

is there anyone who might have run into this issues as well and might be capable to tell me a solution?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
AlHill
Super User

Well, there is not much information provided.  What OS?  What boards?  What BIOS?  Are you using a KVM switch?  Have you tried different Keyboards and Mice?  Specifically, what processors?

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)