Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14508 Discussions

Lags, freezes in games and the browser

MorjMorj
Beginner

Good day. I see periodic slowdowns and freezes in games and even sometimes in the browser. At first I thought the video card was to blame, but this problem persists without it. I suspect memory controller but not sure about this. Help identify the cause. I tried to figure it out myself for a very long time, but I couldn't. Processor 10700k. Not overclocked.

Before this processor, I had 8700k and there were no problems. In the system, I changed only the processor to 10700k and, accordingly, the motherboard. I did not change everything else.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello MorjMorj,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

To better assist you please provide the following reports and information to continue with your support request.

1-Please run the following tools and attach the reports generated.  

-Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU)

Download link: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-

•          Open the application and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information

•          By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".  

•          Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  

•          To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".

- Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool

•          Download link: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/19792/Intel-Processor-Diagnostic-Tool

•          Please run the Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool and send the results in a .txt file.

•          To save the report, once the test is done, click on "File >> View Results File" and attach the .txt file to your reply.

2-Please answer the following questions so we can have a better understanding of your issue. 

-Was the processor purchased less than 30 days ago?

-Is there any physical damage to the processor?

-Brand and model of the motherboard(s) used with the processor.

-Brand and model of the RAM used with the processor.

-Did you enable Intel XMP and if yes, what was the memory speed configured?

-Can you please share with us the names of the games and the browsers you have tested to replicate this issue?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Victor G.

Intel Technical Support Technician  

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello MorjMorj,

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Please let me know if you need further assistance.  

Best regards,

Victor G. 

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello MorjMorj,

We have not heard back from you.

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored 

Victor G. 

0 Kudos