Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14527 Discussions

Language issue with XTU

NGree3
Beginner

I recently reinstalled the Extreme Tuning Utility. After the install none of the characters displayed correctly.

Could someone help me either change the language setting or somehow include the appropriate file to properly display the characters?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Hans_B_Intel
Employee

Hi njgreen,

You mentioned that this happened after you reinstalled the XTU, do you mean that you had a previous version that was working?

Please indicate the motherboard and CPU that you have and the version of the XTU that you are trying to install.

NGree3
Beginner

Hello hansb and thanks for the reply,

That's right. My notebook came with the XTU installed although I do not recall which version. I suppose it is more accurate to say I was updating XTU. Anyways, I downloaded and installed the most recent version available on Intel's downloads page: version 5.2.0.14.

My processor is an intel i7-4700MQ and I believe my motherboard is a W65_670SR.

0 Kudos
Hans_B_Intel
Employee

Hi njgreen,

I'm sorry for the delayed response; however I was not able to find a problem with the XTU download. You mentioned that your notebook came with the XTU installed; we would need to verify if your notebook supports the XTU but I was not able to find a system with the model that you provided W65_670SR. please give me the brand and another model number and I will check if it's compatible or is there is some type of XTU OEM version.

0 Kudos
NGree3
Beginner

Sorry for responding to your request for clarification so slowly.

The system manufacturer is a small company called MYTHLOGIC. I think they use Clevo parts but I am not 100% sure about that.

0 Kudos
Hans_B_Intel
Employee

Hi njgreen,

You mentioned that this happened after you reinstalled the XTU, do you mean that you had a previous version that was working?

Please indicate the motherboard and CPU that you have and the version of the XTU that you are trying to install.

NGree3
Beginner

Hello hansb and thanks for the reply,

That's right. My notebook came with the XTU installed although I do not recall which version. I suppose it is more accurate to say I was updating XTU. Anyways, I downloaded and installed the most recent version available on Intel's downloads page: version 5.2.0.14.

My processor is an intel i7-4700MQ and I believe my motherboard is a W65_670SR.

0 Kudos
Hans_B_Intel
Employee

Hi njgreen,

I'm sorry for the delayed response; however I was not able to find a problem with the XTU download. You mentioned that your notebook came with the XTU installed; we would need to verify if your notebook supports the XTU but I was not able to find a system with the model that you provided W65_670SR. please give me the brand and another model number and I will check if it's compatible or is there is some type of XTU OEM version.

0 Kudos
NGree3
Beginner

Sorry for responding to your request for clarification so slowly.

The system manufacturer is a small company called MYTHLOGIC. I think they use Clevo parts but I am not 100% sure about that.

0 Kudos