Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14539 Discussions

Laptop initial inputs delayed on battery power

idkwhatimdoing
Beginner

So I have a laptop that has had quite a few issues since I first got it and the issues were down to the drivers on the i7 Evo.  I was told by the manufacturer that the issues came down to the Intel drivers and to wait for updates.  It's been over a year, and driver updates have improved or fixed almost all the issues.  I believe that there was an intel keyboard driver update a couple of months ago that improved the delay issue significantly, but not all the way.  The keyboard works fine when plugged into the power adapter, but on battery, the system has about a 1-second delay on the initial input before it catches up.  After not typing for a few seconds, the issue repeats.  Every so often, the computer fails to recognize a keystroke during the delay.  I have updated everything and reinstalled keyboard drivers a couple of times.  I've looked over the power settings and I can't find any issues.  I'm not sure where this issue should be directed, OS, chipset, or laptop manufacture.  If anybody has any idea that would be great, I've been pulling my hair out for this minor issue for a long time and I just want to fix it.

Thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello @idkwhatimdoing

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

In order to determine the proper channel of support. could you please confirm if your system is an Intel® NUC Laptop Kit? Or is this regarding a laptop from a third-party manufacturer? Could you please provide the brand and full model of the laptop?

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
idkwhatimdoing
Beginner

It is from a third-party manufacturer.  It's a Razer Book 13 11th Gen i7-1165G7.  I have already gone to Razer support a few times, but they haven't been very helpful in finding a solution to this specific issue.  

Thanks

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello idkwhatimdoing

Thank you for your response.

Since this is regarding a laptop from a third-party manufacturer, the proper channel of support for this request is through Razer Support*. This is since we don't provide separate/independent drivers for keyboards (unless there are basic drivers shipped with the Chipset drivers). However, we provide the Chipset drivers to the computer manufacturers (OEM) for customization and distribution to their customers, and on our Download Center we only provide Chipset drivers for Intel® Desktop/Server boards, Server Systems, and Intel® NUCs.

For pre-built systems or third-party motherboards, the recommendation is to contact your manufacturer for the latest updates and technical support information.

Having said that, we kindly recommend that you keep working on this request with Razer Support*.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello idkwhatimdoing

Since there are no new comments or questions in the thread we will proceed to close it now. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos