Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14534 Discussions

Loihi 2 vs. Akida

DavidMorris
Beginner

Hello all, first post and I express a lot of ignorance about AI. But I notice recently that Intel have now welcomed Brainchip's Akida IP in to Intel Foundry Services. Is this acknowledgement that Loihi 2 is nowhere as advanced as Akida or will Loihi continue to be developed. I understand that the next Akida rendition will soon be released with Transformer abilities. How do you guys think this will play out and do you believe neuromorphic edge computing will really take off?

All genuine questions from an older bloke who has trouble understanding AI's pace of growth.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @DavidMorris  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.  

For more updates and information about Loihi 2, we recommend you to visit our Intel Newsroom and stay tuned with this portal: Intel Advances Neuromorphic with Loihi 2, New Lava Software Framework and New Partners. 

Regarding Akida's subject, since this product was not designed by Intel, we recommend you to contact Akida's Developer for more inquiries. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

Intel Customer Support Technician. 

0 Kudos
RegPlutoPup
Beginner

I would suggest that two heads are better than one. When great minds get together than mankind advances, not everything has to be a competition.

…and yes you do express a lot of ignorance. Ecosystem partnerships are the name of the game where everyone wins!

0 Kudos