Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14404 Discussions

Long Duration Package Power Limit is safe? Or keep FULL PERFORMANCE in Windows?

SLitw
Beginner

Hi.

My mobo Asus Prime Z390-A, and 9900K.

3dmark graphic test 2 was dropping my cpu speed. I made a HIGH PERFORMANCE from BALANCED plan in windows settins and fps are normal and no gpu load drops and full boost on cpu 4.7ghz. Any ideas? So keep high performance plan in Windows?

Or just Long Duration Package Power Limit change in uefi from 95W to 155W? What is better?

ps:

MultiCoreEnhacement is OFF in UEFI. AUTO is bugged.

So actually yes. MCE is OFF,Power PLan on HIGH PERFORMANCE and 4,7ghz is always on stress. All other default in UEFI.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello SLitw Thank you for posting in the Intel Community. In order to monitor the processor performance we recommend the use of Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility (Intel® XTU) (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24075/Intel-Extreme-Tuning-Utility-Intel-XTU-) or Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/19792/Intel-Processor-Diagnostic-Tool). Regarding the benchmark test results we recommend contacting the software developer. • So keep high performance plan in Windows? Keeping the Windows setting like this should benefit the system performance. • Or just Long Duration Package Power Limit change in uefi from 95W to 155W? What is better? In reference to the BIOS settings on the motherboard this should be consulted with the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM). Hope this helps. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello SLitw I was checking your case and would like to know if you need further help. If so, please do not hesitate in replying back. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
SLitw
Beginner

SHORT DURATION POWER LIMIT : 155, LONG DURATION POWER LIMIT: 155 Package Power Time Window on 155 too? Or left auto? I also updated bios . But it not helped at all.

I have normal cinebench scores etc cpuz,3dmarks. But on 720P res i get the same fps like on 1080p

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello Thank you for the information. Where are you making/setting the Long Duration Package Power Limit? Are you making the changes on the command line interface (CLI) or in Windows® settings? Please provide me detail steps to test. Hope this helps. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello SLitw I was checking your case and would like to know if you need further help. If so, please do not hesitate in replying back. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos