Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14526 Discussions

Looking for the fastest possible CPU Intel has to offer for a single thread application. Price does not matter only speed.

FHoop
Beginner

Price does not matter I am looking for something that is under $7000

I will be using it to host programs that mostly use 1-4 cores but price is not an issue only speed.

I have googled around but I do not trust what just those results are for something so expensive.

So I turned to you Intel community and also Intel yourself.

I am currently using a PC with dual i7's at 4.80GHz and sometimes overclock to 5.20GHz but I max it fairly quickly and the process begins to slow down.

I am sure this topic may help other enthusiasts as well so lets start a good discussion.

Also not looking to fix the issue with why its slow only to try and push past it with raw processing as I've optimised it the best I can.

Overclock speeds matter I am not against overclocking and delicate over volting.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
AlHill
Super User

You can use this tool to select the parameters you want:

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/search/featurefilter.html?productType=873

Doc

FHoop
Beginner

Thank you very much I did not know about that tool.

So does that mean I am only looking for GHz per second or is there other things that come into play?

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee
FHoop, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support. In reference to your question, yes, for a single thread application, as you mentioned, we recommend to look for the processor clock speed or GHz per second and also for the cache memory of the unit, the higher the better. Regards, Alberto R. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee
FHoop, I just wanted to check if the information posted previously was useful for you and if you need further assistance on this matter? Regards, Alberto R. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
FHoop
Beginner

Thank you very much and sorry for my late reply.

This helped me a lot thank you :)

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee
FHoop, No problem at all, you are very welcome. Any other inquiry, do not hesitate to contact us again. Regards, Alberto R. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos