Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14506 Discussions

Marks on my new i10900k processor. Manufacturing or used signs?

KarlosKernel
Beginner

Hey guys? How's it going?

So today I got my brand new i10900k processor and I couldn't ignore the fact that there are some marks on the top part of it (I think it's called the heatspreader). I was checking similar posts and as some of them, there aren't obvious looking signs as if there had been a heatsink placed on top of it. But still I can't ignore the fact that there are at least 4 very difficult to capture on camera scratches-ish on top of it.

(I would like to clarify that the seal was fine. The only way that this could have been opened is by removing the entire seal and applying a new one)

I will attach some pictures. It was very difficult for me to capture this marks with my camera. They definitively look more obvious on the eye looking. Which also turns me to think that they could really be manufacturing marks (I didn't pay that much attention to my previous builds).

Are those marks signs of Intel's manufacturing process or did someone sold me a used processor for new, what do you think?

Thanks for your thoughts!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello KarlosKernel

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

We noticed that you have an internal support case open regarding this same question. Having said that and in order to avoid duplication of efforts, we will proceed to close this thread from our side and the assistance will continue through the internal support case where we will check this further.

If you need any additional information, please contact us through the internal case or kindly submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored. Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos