Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14395 Discussions

Matched Xeon please help

gdami3
Beginner

hello

probably the question has been discussed many time but still I have doubt abou mathed opair cpu.

I´m going to upgrade my Mac pro dual cpu which can use Xeon X5482 Slanz

the question is, is it the Slanz that need to be the same in both cpu or also the number below?

I attached a pic

thank you a lot

Gigix5482.jpg

0 Kudos
7 Replies
AlHill
Super User

For your MAC, you need to ask Apple about processor support. Apple has requested that all inquiries regarding their platform be directed to them.

Doc

0 Kudos
gdami3
Beginner

thank you I Will,

but in general talking about matched pair in my queastion, do you know about it?

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

It depends on the motherboard requiremensts and if the processors have to have the same stepping.

Look under "ordering and compliance" here:

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/33088/intel-xeon-processor-x5482-12m-cache-3-20-ghz-1600-mhz-fsb.html

Doc

0 Kudos
gdami3
Beginner

and which on is the stepping in the picture I posted?

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

You have Slanz, which is stepping C0

Capture.JPG

Doc

0 Kudos
gdami3
Beginner

greatt thanks

so the number below in the processor can be different? or it must be the same in the other cpu? for a matched pairx5482.jpg

0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel

Hello gdami3,

Thank you for joining the Intel community

Due to this product being discontinued, Intel Customer Service no longer supports inquiries for it, but perhaps fellow community members have the knowledge to jump in and help. You may also find the Discontinued Products website helpful to address your request. Thank you for understanding.

For online documentation on Xeon processors, you can go here

To properly identify your Xeon processor follow this article.

The numbers you need to match are processor family and speed.

For more details about the upgrade options for your system you want to check with Apple support

Hope it helps

Jose A.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos