Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14397 Discussions

Math failed

Dennis26
Beginner

Hi guys, I need help. It has been a while since some programs crashed during their use (steam, discord, zoom, spotify). Consequenfail.PNGtly I did the cpu test but it gives me this error. How can I solve?

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Victor_G_Intel

Hello Dennis26,

Thank you for submitting your question on this Intel® Community.  

To better assist you and to understand why is the processor failing the test, please provide the following logs and information so we can move forward with your support request.

1-Please run the following tools and attach the reports generated.   

-Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU)

Download link: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-

· Open the application and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information

· By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".   

· Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".   

· To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".   

- Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool

· Run the Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool and send the results in a txt file. To save the report, once the test is done, click on "File >> View Results File" and attach the .txt file to your reply. 

2-Besides those programs that you mentioned(steam, discord, zoom, Spotify) are there any other software that your computer is having crashing issues with?

3-Are you only having issues with programs crashing but the operating system remains stable?

4-Have you made any changes like hardware or software related before the issue started?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Victor G. 

Intel Technical Support Technician  

0 Kudos
Dennis26
Beginner

Repeating the test several times it seems to have fixed itself. (math)

The fact is that the problem regarding crashes persists and it occurs with many programs, and the only thing they have in common is that they are programs that require Internet to work, except browsers because they never crash. Steam crashes only when I try to download something, and Discord keeps restarting itself. The OS remains stable and I have never changed any hardware component or software program.

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel

Hello Dennis26.

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. 

I appreciate the information you sent, to move forward would you mind answering the following questions and try the recommendations below.

Questions:

-Have you tried to completely uninstall and install the latest versions of all of these programs?

-If you go to your device manager window do you see any yellow exclamation signs of any kind?

Recommendations:

-I noticed that your windows version is outdated please try to update it to the latest version available (19042/ 20H2)

To update your windows version please follow the steps below:

·        Select Start > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update , and then select Check for updates.

- Try to test the programs in windows safe mode to see if the issue persists.

To use windows safe mode please follow the steps below:

·        Click Windows-button → Power.

·        Hold down the shift key and click Restart.

·        Click the option Troubleshoot and then Advanced options.

·        Go to “Advanced options” and click Start-up Settings.

·        Under “Start-up Settings” click Restart.

·        Various boot options are displayed. ...

·        Windows 10 starts in Safe Mode.

-To determine if your connection is the issue please try to reset your network to see if the programs work better after that.

To complete a network reset please follow the steps below:

·        Open the Start menu and select Settings.

·        Choose Network & Internet.

·        Choose Status, and then select Network reset.

·        Select Reset now in the Network reset screen.

Regards,

Victor G.

Intel Technical Support Technician  

0 Kudos
Dennis26
Beginner

Answers:

- Yes, I have tried several times to install and uninstall various versions of these programs.

- There is no yellow exclamation sign.

The connection problems seem to partially disappear from the moment I deactivate windows defender and after doing the network reset. For example Steam no longer crashes the moment I start downloading games. However, games like Counter Strike and more keep crashing without any warning. The temperatures are low and I changed the thermal paste less than a year ago. What else can I do to resolve?

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel

Hello Dennis26,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

To better assist you, please provide the following information and take a look at my recommendation below so I can move forward with your support request.

Questions:

-I noticed that you mentioned that one of your programs is no longer crashing, however, I would like to know if you are now only having issues with games crashing or if you still have issues with the other programs you mentioned before(steam, discord, zoom, Spotify)?

-I understand that you mentioned that your temperatures are low; however, would you mind sharing with me the temperatures that you are currently getting while the computer is idle and when the computer is running a game or a highly demanding program?

Note: If you can provide either screenshots or a video showing the temperatures it would be very much appreciated.

-Since you mentioned that you have been having issues with games crashing would you mind confirming for me the names of the games you are having issues with besides Counter-Strike? Also please include in your next response a full screenshot of your complete task manager’s main tab and one of the performance tab while the game is running in the background. 

Note: Please make sure to capture the whole task manager’s window for both tabs.

Recommendations

-I noticed that your BIOS version is outdated and when it comes to crashing issues is always good to have the BIOS up to date; therefore, would you mind updating it to the latest version available which is the BIOS version 7A64v27 released on 2018-08-08?

Note: For your information, your current BIOS version is the 2.0 one according to your motherboard’s website and it was released on 2016-12-29, in order for you to get the BIOS updated please follow the instructions provided by your motherboard manufacturer.

https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/H270-GAMING-PRO-CARBON.html

* Links to third-party sites and references to third-party trademarks are provided for convenience and illustrative purposes only. Unless explicitly stated, Intel® is not responsible for the contents of such links, and no third-party endorsement of Intel or any of its products is implied.

Regards,

Victor G.

0 Kudos
Dennis26
Beginner

In these days I have been able to verify that the problem that seemed to have been solved in reality was not so. Steam continues to crash during downloads as well as all the games I've tried on this platform (Counter strike: global offensive, left for dead 2, life is strange and many others). Zoom and Discord keep restarting continuously while Spotify crashes and restarts only if other heavy programs such as Fortnite are started. (Fortnite is the only game that doesn't crash for me). In addition to that yesterday I had the need to install the windows ISO on a USB key through the tool for creating the installation media (MediaCreationTool20H2.exe) but I did not have the opportunity to do so as the installation kept crashing. Attached is the video that testifies to this. I tried to install Valorant but the launcher was giving me the same error as Steam, i.e. it crashes while downloading the game. I also successfully updated the BIOS to the latest version but unfortunately the problem persists. I also tried changing RAM and removing the video card but nothing to do. All the material you asked me is attached. Thanks for the support and sorry if I only reply now.

In this video on Youtube I uploaded an example of the cs:go crash: https://youtu.be/sZUMzrcw1hU

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel

Hello Dennis26,

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Please let me know if you need further assistance.  

Best regards,

Victor G. 

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel

Hello Dennis26,

We appreciate all the information that you have provided so far and to continue with our support do you mind answering the following questions:

-Have you tested the computer with another power supply?

-Did you swap any components to cross test the issue,  maybe tested with another processor or another motherboard?  

-Did you try to test the system in minimal configuration (motherboard, processor, Power Supply Unit, one RAM module, mouse, and keyboard)?

-After updating your BIOS did you set your BIOS to default settings?

Regards,

Victor G.

0 Kudos
Dennis26
Beginner

- No, I have not tested the computer with another power supply (I do not have one more as well as I do not have another processor and another motherboard). After updating the BIOS I set the default settings. I am going to buy a new hard disk on which I will install the operating system again. Is it possible that both mass memories have broken or that one of the two has been damaged and therefore create this type of problem? However the software crashes regardless of which of the two memories they are installed on. I have a 250GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD and a HHD HD WD 1TB 64MB.

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel

Hello Dennis26,

There is always a possibility that the issue is related to your Windows image; however, there is also a possibility that is related to the processor itself, I believe the best way to find out will be for you to test the computer with a fresh Windows image on that new hard disk that you are planning to buy. Please let us know if the issue gets solved by doing that and if not still let us know so we can move forward with a different approach.

Regards,

Victor G.

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel

Hello Dennis26,

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Please let me know if you need further assistance.  

Best regards,

Victor G. 

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel

Hello Dennis26,

We have not heard back from you.

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored 

Victor G. 

0 Kudos