Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14503 Discussions

Max Uncore voltage for i9-10900x

ABalz3
New Contributor I

I couldn't find the i9-10900X processor datasheet. Also looking for similar X-Series processors (6th Gen x-Series Datasheet), I was able to find VCore, VCCSA, VCCIO, but I have no idea which parameter in the datasheet is related to UNCORE voltage. I'm worried since I had to setup my MSI X299 PRO m/b to 1.456v for the UNCORE voltage (Auto voltage from BIOS was 1.320v) to be able to make my DDR4 G.Skill F4-4266C19D-16GTZR to work at 4000Mhz (no way to boot at 4200, but I dont want to go over 1.45v for the UNCORE until I know the voltage specifications). Thanks in advance, Alex

0 Kudos
10 Replies
AdrianM_Intel
Employee

Hello ABalz3,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. 

Our recommendation is to use the BIOS default settings and use the right BIOS version, I would like to mention that we do not support overclocking and also It's important to mention that Altering clock frequency or voltage may damage or reduce the useful life of the processor and other system components, and may reduce system stability and performance. for your future reference, this could affect the warranty of the processor if the processor is operated beyond its specifications. 

For overclocked processors replacement, we recommend the Performance Tuning Protection Plan which you can purchase to cover processor failures caused by operating the eligible processor outside of Intel’s published specifications however the Tuning Protection Plan must be used before any overclocking is performed.

You might contact the system manufacturer of your system so they might have some recommendations about the BIOS settings you can use for your system configuration.

Regards,

Adrian M.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
ABalz3
New Contributor I

First of all: I'm not overclocking CPU. I'm using all DEFAULTS beside the UNCORE voltage that is required to be increased to 1.45v otherwise my DDR4 memory is not working.

I reached out to MSI and they suggested me 2 things:

1 download the Intel i9-10900X Datasheet....that is not available online, Datasheet link from processor spec page is broken? Can you please point me to that?

2 ask Intel how "UNCORE voltage" is mapped in CPU Datasheet (i.e. can be named in some other way, lice VCCxxx)

Thanks, Alex

0 Kudos
AdrianM_Intel
Employee

Hello ABalz3,

Thank you for your reply.

it is a fact that the datasheet is not available yet, that's why our recommendation is to use BIOS default which will assure the good performance of the processor and any other tasks associated with the OS who handles the different voltages of the processor.

If you need to play with the voltages to use DDR4 RAM it will be considered overclocking, in the meantime I would like to check if we can get the information you are looking for. 

Regards,

Adrian M.

0 Kudos
ABalz3
New Contributor I

Thank you Adrian! I discovered the MSI BIOS is setting on AUTO 1.45v UNCORE for memory over 4200Mhz and it's not the first time a BIOS burns a CPU. Looking forward to having access to datasheet and check if MSI did well on their m/b design.

Thanks, Alex

0 Kudos
ABalz3
New Contributor I

HI Adrian, maybe have you found the processor datasheet? thanks! Alex

0 Kudos
AdrianM_Intel
Employee

Hello ABalz3,

Thank you for your response.

We are still working on this, I will update the thread as soon as possible.

Regards,

Adrian M.

0 Kudos
AdrianM_Intel
Employee

Hello ABalz3,

I would like to update the thread.

Thank you for your patience, the datasheet for the i9-10900x x-series is not available yet, however, we are currently working on it in the meantime, you can monitor Intel® Core™ Processors Technical Resources to check when this info will be available.

If you want to overclock your processor you might take into consideration Intel® Performance Maximizer this hyper-intelligent automated processor overclocking tool examines your processor’s individual performance DNA and programs personalized settings for custom overclocking. Bear in mind that altering clock frequency or voltage may damage or reduce the useful life of the processor and other system components for this reason we recommend you Intel® Performance Tunning Plan for enthusiasts.

Regards,

Adrian M.

0 Kudos
ABalz3
New Contributor I

Please share at least an expected date on when it will be available. That's a shame the Intel release a product on the market in 2019 and in May 2020 still no Datasheet is publicly available.

Even if I don't want to overclock the CPU, I lauched the Performance Maximizer and it cannot run since it saying "Intel Speed Shift is Enabled". Unluckily I see no way to disable "Speed shift" in my m/b BIOS.

Thanks, Alex

0 Kudos
AdrianM_Intel
Employee

Hello ABalz3,

Thank you for your reply.

We really understand your concern, I will make sure to share your feedback to the department that handles datasheets, at this point, I can not give you an ETA for this datasheet to be available, you can keep monitoring our website and check if it has been uploaded.

Regards,

Adrian M.

0 Kudos
mkear21
Beginner

I too would like to confirm the memory voltage limitations for the i9-10900X. Intel does not actually specify the voltage for this CPU. I am not buying based on assumption.

Vendor memory QVL is a year out of date and available memory supersedes this list meaning listed QVL memory is no longer available for the memory type DDR4-2933 running at Bios default settings.

Intel states the following for previous CPU generations

Memory Voltage Limitations for Intel Core X series
We recommend using memory that adheres to the JEDEC memory specification. Anything over the specified voltage can damage the processor or significantly reduce the processor life span.

For DDR4 memory: 1.2 volts, plus or minus 5%.
Https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000024298/processors.html

Please Advise?

0 Kudos