Meltdown and spectre patches

MJabe
Beginner

Anyone know from where I can download the patches please

0 Kudos
17 Replies
MJabe
Beginner

Thank you for your answer,but can you please tell me if i can update the BIOS by GUI(by Intel software download SERVER) or USB (download the update on it)

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

You will need to follow the bios update procedure defined by you system/motherboard manufacturer, as it is their bios.

Are you using an Intel server board?

Doc

0 Kudos
MJabe
Beginner
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Mohammad,

Thank you for contacting Intel(R) Technical Support.

In an effort to better assist you, can please indicate for which Intel Product you need the update?

Best regards,

Jeremiah A.

Intel(R) Technical Support
MJabe
Beginner

Hello Jermaia,

thank you for your answer

i have these servers

1. IBM System x3650 M2 -[7947K6G]-

processor: 2.27 gigahertz Intel Xeon E5520

64 kilobyte primary memory cache

256 kilobyte secondary memory cache

8192 kilobyte tertiary memory cache

64-bit ready

2.IBM System x3650 M3 -[7945D2G]

Processor: 2.40 gigahertz Intel Xeon E5620

32 kilobyte primary memory cache

256 kilobyte secondary memory cache

12288 kilobyte tertiary memory cache.

3.VMware Virtual Platform

Processor: 2.00 gigahertz Intel Xeon E5-2620 0

1024 kilobyte primary memory cache

64-bit ready.

Regards,,

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Mohammad,

Thank you for your response.

For this issue end users and systems administrators should check with their operating system vendors and system manufacturers, and apply any available updates as soon as they are available. You should do this whether you use an Intel-based system, or other computer or mobile device.

Best regards,

Jeremiah A.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Mohammad,

I'm following up with you to see if there is anything else I can help you with or if we can proceed in closing this case.

Your prompt response is highly appreciated.

Regards,

Jeremiah A.

0 Kudos
MJabe
Beginner

Hello Jermaia,

thanks a lot for your help, you can go further and close the case

regards,

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

HI Mohammad,

Thank you for your response. I will proceed in closing this case. If you need more assistance from us, you can open a new case and refer to this one.

Best regards,

Jeremiah A.

0 Kudos
EGrze
Beginner

Hello,

I have gone to the downloads center but it doesn't have a single download for Windows 10 64-bit. Where can I find the download for this operating system?

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

What were you expecting?

1. The Meltdown and SpectreA vulnerabilities are addressed by workarounds in the O/S. Windows Update would have already installed these workarounds onto your system.
  2. The SpectreB vulnerability is fixed by a microcode update. These updates are typically delivered as part of a BIOS update for your motherboard. You should be looking for this BIOS update in the downloads site of your motherboard vendor.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Mohammad,

Thank you for contacting Intel(R) Technical Support.

In regards to your query:

For details on how to protect your system please refer to http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/facts-about-side-channel-analysis-and-intel-products.html this site for more information

Added 4/27/18:

Added new FAQ # 15 - Is just applying Microcode/BIOS updates sufficient to protect against the vulnerabilities or do I need to apply OS updates also?

Added 2/23/18:

We have recently released updates for our 6th, 7th and 8th Generation Intel® Core™ product lines as well as our latest Intel® Core™ X-series processor family. It also includes our recently announced Intel® Xeon® Scalable and Intel® Xeon® D processors for data center systems. End users and systems administrators should check with their system manufacturers to determine update availability.

A full list of Intel products impacted by this issue, along with other important details can be found http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/facts-about-side-channel-analysis-and-intel-products.html here

Along with other companies whose platforms are impacted, Intel has worked with operating system vendors, equipment manufacturers, and other ecosystem partners to develop software and firmware updates that can protect computers from these methods.

End users and systems administrators should check with their operating system vendors and system manufacturers, and apply any available updates as soon as they are available. You should do this whether you use an Intel-based

system, or other computer or mobile device.

If you have any question, please let me know.

Best regards,

Jeremiah A.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Mohammad,

I hope you are doing well today.

I'm following up with you today to see if the information provided helped or you still need more assistance from us.

Regards,

Jeremiah A.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Mohammad,

I'm following up with you today to see if the information provided helped or you still need more assistance from us.

Regards,

Jeremiah A.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Mohammad,

Regards,

Jeremiah A.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Mohammad,.

I have not heard from you regards this case. I will proceed in closing this case. Feel free to open a new case and refer to this one if you still require more assistance.

Best regards,

Jeremiah A.

0 Kudos