Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14507 Discussions

Micro-controller D87C51 ceramic body turns from black to brownish

WeeSong
Beginner

Hi Guys,

The Micro-controller D87C51 (date code 00+) ceramic body prone to be discoloration if touched with IPA/Rosin chemical?

It turns from black to brownish, please refer photo below.

Please advise any quality/functions impact?

WeeSong_0-1649150277049.jpeg

Thanks.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello WeeSong,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I understand you are having issues with your Micro-controller D87C51.

In order to better assist you, please provide the following:  

1. What is the brand and model name of your processor?

2. What is the brand and model name of your motherboard?

3. Why did you apply the IPA/Rosin chemical?

4. Where is installed this Micro-controller D87C51 (customized motherboard, regular motherboard?, CPU)?

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello WeeSong,  

Were you able to check the previous post and get the information requested? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
WeeSong
Beginner

Good day, Deivid

Sorry for my late reply as i was checking the details info with our process engineer.

Kindly refer below updates information:

1. What is the brand and model name of your processor? --> No other processor/MCU on board beside this Micro-controller D87C51.

2. What is the brand and model name of your motherboard? --> This is customized board.

3. Why did you apply the IPA/Rosin chemical? -->The MCU was manual soldered by operator. We use the rosin flux remover to clean off printed circuit board after complete soldering.

4. Where is installed this Micro-controller D87C51 (customized motherboard, regular motherboard?, CPU)? --> customized board.

Please help advise any impact on quality or function of MCU ceramic body prone to be discoloration?

Thanks in advance for your support.

Regards,

Wee Song

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello WeeSong, 

Thanks for the Information. Bear in mind that Intel may not have many details for performance on customized devices, however, I will check this situation internally to confirm if we have any further details on this. 

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
WeeSong
Beginner

Good day, Deivid

Thanks for updates.

Kindly share your findings after checked with internal team or any solution to solve or suggestion to prevent the ceramic body prone to be discoloration.

Have a nice day~!

Thanks & regards,

Wee Song

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello WeeSong, 

Based on the research performed, I would like to let you know that the support for these products has been moved to the Intel distributors.

You can access them using the following link:

Thanks for your comprehension.

Regards,   

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
WeeSong
Beginner

Good day, Deivid

Please help advise the material used of D87C51 Body:

WeeSong_0-1663211630657.jpeg

So we may check on the material property details & try understand for discoloration.

Thanks in advance for support.

Regards,

Wee Song

0 Kudos