Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14503 Discussions

Motherboard CPU Compatibility

sessizlik
Beginner

Hi. My motherboard is Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R (rev. 1.0). The CPU it supports is available on this page (http://www.gigabyte.com.tr/products/page/mb/ga-ex58-ud3r_10#support-cpu ). However, this list does not include an Intel Xeon x5690.

I asked if I can install Intel Xeon x5690. Gigabyte Support's response: "It is possible to install the processor, but since the processor design is slightly different, we cannot guarantee its performance on this motherboard due to different Lithography and different threads.

We have not tested this processor before to verify its functions and performance on the motherboard.

But according to Intel specifications and design, it can be installed."

Do you know about motherboard and CPU (Xeon x5690) compatibility? Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
AlHill
Super User

The only processors that can be used are those supported by the ASUS bios.  If the x5690 is not on the ASUS list, you need to consult with ASUS.

Also, note that for a processor to be supported, it must be socket, chipset, and BIOS compatible.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)

View solution in original post

1 Reply
AlHill
Super User

The only processors that can be used are those supported by the ASUS bios.  If the x5690 is not on the ASUS list, you need to consult with ASUS.

Also, note that for a processor to be supported, it must be socket, chipset, and BIOS compatible.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)