Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14395 Discussions

Motherboard wiht ECC memory enabled Core i3-8350K

PDéno
Beginner

This CPU is listed as supporting ECC memory by all my attempts to find a motherboard that accept ECC memory in ECC mode have failed. Google has been particularly inept, giving me multiple motherboards accepting ECC memory but running it in non-ECC mode.

Where can I find a list of ECC enabled motherboards for the Core i3-8350K?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello pdenommee

Thank you for contacting Intel Technical Support,

We received your inquiry and I understand that you are looking for information on comparable motherboards for Intel® Core™ i3-8350K Processor. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may be causing. We will be more than happy looking for a solution.

We will like to share with you that the ECC feature is enabled by the motherboard manufacture; it is also more common to find that feature on server boards than desktop boards,

In regard to motherboards comparability, unfortunately, we don't have a list due to the big variety of options on the market, we recommend to get in contact with the manufacture of your preference the get that information

Regards

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello pdenommee

I was checking your case and would like to know if you need further help. If so, please do not hesitate in replying back.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
PDéno
Beginner

According to pcpartpicker.com, no such motherboard exist.

Intel will be happy to learn that I will be forced to use a Xeon E3 that is slightly more powerful but that is more expensive. Because the server that I will build must use ECC memory, it is either Pentium (too slow), Core i3 or Xeon. The new Core i3 is so close to the Xenon on the passmark benchmark that I had to consider it. It is not clear what advantage the Xeon E3 v6 has over the Core i3. Current market pricing have me choose the Xeon E3-1245 (10 445 passmark) over the Core i3-8350K (9136 passmark). Usually, with client computers, such a small difference in passmark is barely noticeable in real life applications. I know that for a server, the CPU does not tell the whole story.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello pdenommee

Thank you for your response and thank you for your feedback

Please let me know you need further assistance

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos