Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14368 Discussions

Msi TRident i5 6400 won'T boot if cold

MTher1
Novice

hi my computer won'T start if it shut down for too long...

i've red that it comes froma electronical issue...

so if you got idea how to manage this issue... as i use my homes heats converter to start a 1 years old new computer...

4 dza Lulz !!

Thx helping me out with this in advance !!

if you have a complet boot repport programs to suggest... could it help to find solution about this issue?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
VGema
Novice

test your mobo with another power supply.

n_scott_pearson
Super User

Michael,

This type of issue is almost always the result of a component - an IC (chip), a, diode, a resistor, a capacitor, etc. - that is starting to fail. Once it warms up, it runs properly; while it is cold, it does not. This component could be anywhere - in the power supply, on the motherboard, in the memory, in some peripheral or even in the processor.

The most common case that I have seen of this is a capacitor in the Power Supply starting to fail. Thus I agree with Vieira that the first thing you should try is with a different Power Supply.

If it acts the same with a different power supply, then the next place to look is at the power-related components around the processor socket. You can look to see if any components are showing visible signs of imminent failure. Capacitors often leak before/when they fail, for example. ICs may appear burnt, etc.

Hope this helps you get started on this,

...S

MTher1
Novice

thx for your time and awesomeness in answering clarity over our computers questions MR. N

I'll take my computer to a electroniciens... he will surely finds out what part is failing.

you all have a great day. still !!

^_- ++

"No mather which chocobo your riding, these birds can'T fly !! FF7 vs ffxiv !!"

0 Kudos
CMora8
New Contributor I

Is this PC in a location that is colder than 0 °C? In some cases this may cause issues due to condensation.

You may also want to see if your powersupply is OK as Intel_wise said, this is a very comon issue for deffective PSUs.

Otherwise, you should probably reach out to MSI. They make your motherboard, afterall, not Intel.

MTher1
Novice

ok...thx !!

no the computer is in a room at 20 celsius... average temp...

changeing power supply will be a bit tricky... since this small computer has the wide of a gaming cosole... (like ps4 or some thing)

but i'll go along the idea to ask msi ( even if those guys aren'T well known for theirs awesomeness custumers services )

still... thx for the answers... i'll try there... since there's not mutch else to do.

Have a nice day, both of you !

n_scott_pearson
Super User

If their customer service is poor, why are you buying their boards? Only when people start using criteria like this for making their purchase decisions will the motherboard manufacturers start providing better (well, any) customer service.

Just saying,

...S

0 Kudos
MTher1
Novice

first time (and probably the last) i use a msi... was a seam good and cheap on the wallet'S deal.

But what i means by none awesome customer services... is:

a loops on their web site that lead to a 404 error... when you try the support online buton...

a call into mexico phone line...

and no, but, selling pages' FAQ...

well there no comparaison to this intel net support...

and for the most...

MSI working they ass provinding beautifull (not to mutch expensive) covergage. but that leads to a a full empty horse of troyEd kit...

anyway... i'm french quebecer... and i most ask forgiveness for the poor english i''m using...

PEace can'T be achieved through violence... only understanding, can !!

PLUS PLUS !!

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

If you have to come back for this or another issue, just do so in French. We can use translators (and I can attempt to fall back on my Ontario Secondary School French classes (though I took them more than 40 years ago).

...S

0 Kudos