Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14395 Discussions

My CPU voltage control is greyed out and I can't undervolt or overclock my CPU.

ADehe
Beginner

I have an Alienware m15 with i9 8​950HK processor. After motherboard replacement I didn't reinstall Windows and I can't change the voltage offset and overclock my CPU using Intel xtu. How can I fix this?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
AlHill
Super User

I would check with dell regarding their bios and how to reset/default to standard settings.

I would also uninstall XTU until you get this resolved.

Doc

0 Kudos
ADehe
Beginner

They keep talking about alienware control center. They said Intel XTU isn't supported by them. I downgraded my BIOS and reinstalled XTU but problem still exists.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Uninstall XTU and do not reinstall it. If your device has some dell/alienware utility for overclocking, uninstall it.

Contact dell after you do this and ask them for support on their bios and reset/default settings.

Also, what version of W10 are you using? 1909?

Doc

0 Kudos
ADehe
Beginner

Yes it is 1909. By reset/default settings of bios, do you mean bios downgrade? I already asked and they sent me this link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dbpVMU7Q9w&t=&linkId=86247833.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

"do you mean bios downgrade?" No. There should be a function within the bios to establish default settings.

Dell has to help you with this, as it is their bios.

Doc

0 Kudos
ADehe
Beginner

I already deleted Intel XTU, Alienware command center, Alienware overclock controls, and set my bios settings to default. what should I do next?

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

"I already deleted Intel XTU". I hope you meant "Uninstalled".

Reinstall Windows 10, and do not use XTU ever again. You may be able to get away with doing a Windows RESET.

Doc

0 Kudos