Processors
Processors (Intel® Core™, Intel® Xeon®, etc); processor utilities and programs (Intel® Processor Identification Utility, Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility, Intel® Easy Streaming Wizard, etc.)
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
11691 Discussions

My CPU voltage control is greyed out and I can't undervolt or overclock my CPU.

ADehe
Beginner

I have an Alienware m15 with i9 8​950HK processor. After motherboard replacement I didn't reinstall Windows and I can't change the voltage offset and overclock my CPU using Intel xtu. How can I fix this?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
AlHill
Super User

I would check with dell regarding their bios and how to reset/default to standard settings.

I would also uninstall XTU until you get this resolved.

Doc

ADehe
Beginner

They keep talking about alienware control center. They said Intel XTU isn't supported by them. I downgraded my BIOS and reinstalled XTU but problem still exists.

AlHill
Super User

Uninstall XTU and do not reinstall it. If your device has some dell/alienware utility for overclocking, uninstall it.

Contact dell after you do this and ask them for support on their bios and reset/default settings.

Also, what version of W10 are you using? 1909?

Doc

ADehe
Beginner

Yes it is 1909. By reset/default settings of bios, do you mean bios downgrade? I already asked and they sent me this link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dbpVMU7Q9w&t=&linkId=86247833.

AlHill
Super User

"do you mean bios downgrade?" No. There should be a function within the bios to establish default settings.

Dell has to help you with this, as it is their bios.

Doc

ADehe
Beginner

I already deleted Intel XTU, Alienware command center, Alienware overclock controls, and set my bios settings to default. what should I do next?

AlHill
Super User

"I already deleted Intel XTU". I hope you meant "Uninstalled".

Reinstall Windows 10, and do not use XTU ever again. You may be able to get away with doing a Windows RESET.

Doc