Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14513 Discussions

My Core i7 3770 Cpu can't Turbo Boost

enesgoncu
Beginner

Hello everyone,

I'm using an h61 motherboard from HIPER with AMI 4.6.5 version bios.

Have Cooler Master Hyper 212 evo cpu cooler, 1600mhz 4+4 ddr3 memory, 600w 80+ psu and gtx980 graphics card.

My problem is that I can't use turbo boost tecnology. My cpu doesn't go above base clock on neither single or multi core. 3400 mhz is the highest it reaches.

Turbo boost is enabled on bios and my temps are really fine even on heavy loads it doesn't go above 60c. Also on Intel XTU it says Turbo boost is enabled.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
enesgoncu
Beginner

Forgot to add that im using Windows 10 64 bit and in power options High Performance mode is active.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

"Intel® Turbo Boost Technology dynamically increases the processor's frequency as needed by taking advantage of thermal and power headroom to give you a burst of speed when you need it, and increased energy efficiency when you don’t."

Are you expecting to see the speed at max just because you enabled it?  If so, that will not happen.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)

0 Kudos
enesgoncu
Beginner

Thanks for the reply.

You missunderstood me I guess.

I already know what you say but what I'm saying is my cpu doesn't boost at all. even not a little bit. I tried heavy workloads or lighter workloads or single core workloads I couldn't make it work.

"increases the processor's frequency as needed by taking advantage of thermal and power headroom"

my thermals and my power delivery is fine but I don't see any increase at all. not even a tiny bit.

Today I used my computer on diffrent works and played games and at the end of the day what I see in xtu panel max cpu speed was 3.4 ghz (which is already it's base clock). 

So I don't expect it to turbo all the way to the maximum. All I expect from turbo boost is just work.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

No, I understood you.   You likely would not see the boost if it occurred.

However, a moot point.   Your processor is discontinued and no longer supported.

0 Kudos
enesgoncu
Beginner

Unfortunetly. But that doesn't mean I can't find any solutions. That's why I'm here trying to get help from people who might have a solution for my issue.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

It is more likely that the motherboard bios is the problem.

But, if it is the processor that has failed, the only solution is to replace the processor.

I am certain you can find a replacement on that auction site.

0 Kudos
Jose_V_Intel

Hello enesgoncu,

Due to this product being discontinued, Intel Customer Service no longer supports inquiries for it, I am glad to see that fellow community members have the knowledge and they jumped in and helped. You may also find the Discontinued Products (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/discontinued-products.html) website helpful to address your request.

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Jose V.

Intel® Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos