Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14402 Discussions

My I7-8700k constantly runs at 4.6-4.7Ghz. Is this whats causing my idle temps to be really high? Is is supposed to be like this? If not, how do I fix it.

VChha
Beginner

I am not a very computer savvy person. Im just a dude trying to find a solution that I can follow the steps to. Thanks :D

0 Kudos
10 Replies
RAJU2529
New Contributor III

try below things

uninstall the unwanted applications ,

remove startup items from task manager

certain windows services which are not usefull , so disable or make it manual in services.msc

Install good total security software like Kaspersky total security software , do full scan

Update latest Intel management engine firmware from oem manufacturer

Update latest intel management engine components driver from oem manufacturer

update latest intel chipset driver from oem manufacturer

update latest BIOS from oem manufacturer

Update latest DCH or standard WHQL graphics driver from oem manufacturer

0 Kudos
Diego_S_Intel
Employee
Hello DMayb, We just wanted to double check if you still need further assistance. Please don’t hesitate on contacting us back. I hope to hear from you soon. Diego S. Intel (R) Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel (R) Corporation
0 Kudos
Diego_S_Intel
Employee
Hello DMayb, We just wanted to check if you still need help. I hope to hear from you soon. Diego S. Intel (R) Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel (R) Corporation
0 Kudos
VChha
Beginner
Yes, as previously mentioned, I do still need help. This is tthtthe second time I have had to confirm this. On Tue, Jan 29, 2019, 21:44 Intel Forums <supportreplies@intel.com wrote:
0 Kudos
Diego_S_Intel
Employee
Hello DMayb, Thank thank you for your patience. In this case we have not received any reply from you through this support channel. In order for me to assist you better, please provide me with the .txt file that the System Support Utility will generate. To attach a file, you must click the “Attach” option on the bottom right-hand corner of the response box. Here is the download link: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- Also let us know, have you tried to overclock the unit? Have you tried to run a performance test? I hope to hear from you soon. Diego S. Intel (R) Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel (R) Corporation
0 Kudos
Diego_S_Intel
Employee
Hello DMayb, We just wanted to double check if you still need further assistance. Please don’t hesitate on contacting us back. I hope to hear from you soon. Diego S. Intel (R) Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel (R) Corporation
0 Kudos
Diego_S_Intel
Employee
Hello DMayb, We just wanted to double check if you still need further help. I hope to hear from you soon. Diego S. Intel (R) Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel (R) Corporation
0 Kudos
Diego_S_Intel
Employee
Hello DMayb, We just wanted see if you need help. We are closing your ticket as we have not heard anything from you. Please do not hesitate on contacting us if you need further assistance. Diego S. Intel (R) Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel (R) Corporation
0 Kudos
VChha
Beginner
Hi! I have not been sent any specific help yet. Can you please do that. Thanks Sent from Mail for Windows 10
0 Kudos
Diego_S_Intel
Employee
Hello DMayb, We have been trying to contact you and to asked for details regarding your case on the past 5 posts, however we have not received any answer from you. Please go ahead and contact us through our live support so we can address your inquiry as soon as possible: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-support.html I hope this helps. Diego S. Intel (R) Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel (R) Corporation
0 Kudos