Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14509 Discussions

My Point Blank FPS is unstable

VNugr
Beginner

I experienced this after my processor was replaced because of a problem with RAM (Claim warranty), even though before my processor was replaced I didn't experience any problems with my Point Blank, after my processor is replaced (Claim warranty), FPS on my Point Blank becomes unstable, especially if I do multitasking (like opening web browsers), the FPS is even worse, please help

my PC specifications:

Processor: i7 7820X

Motherboard: Asrock X299 Gaming K6

RAM: Klevv 32 GB 3200mhz

GPU: GTX 1080 TI

Video when I play PB without multitasking

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bQdiyep6r8&feature=youtu.be

Video when I play PB with multitasking

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XHCU0mqU38&feature=youtu.be

Sorry, my English is bad

GPU.pngRAM.pngCPU.png

0 Kudos
8 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Who replaced your processor because of a memory problem?

What version of Windows 10? 1903?

Doc

0 Kudos
VNugr
Beginner

My processor was replaced by Astrindo Senayasa, Intel distributor in Indonesia and also handling warranty claims in Indonesia

My windows version Windows 10 14393

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

You are running Windows 10 version 1607, from August 2016.

Update yourself to version 1903 and then test.

Also, version 1909/19H2 will likely be out next week. So, rather than be 3 years behind, get yourself current.

Doc

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Also, version 1607 is not supported by Microsoft or Intel.

Doc

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

And, one more thing. Your processor does not have graphics. So, why is the FPS an intel problem?

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/123767/intel-core-i7-7820x-x-series-processor-11m-cache-up-to-4-30-ghz.html

And, you will note that your processor does not support 3200mhz memory!

You are using an nvidia graphics card. So, after you update to windows 10 1903, update your motherboard bios, and then update your nvidia driver. Then, try 2666mhz memory.

Thinking that this was a processor problem is EXTREMELY premature. You have a number of issues to solve before coming back.

Doc

0 Kudos
VNugr
Beginner

okay, i will try your advice, thanks

0 Kudos
VNugr
Beginner

After I updated my windows to version 1903 and set the memory to 2666mhz (because the BIOS and GPU drivers have been updated to the last version before) and I test a few days my Point Blank looks good, and I'm curious why it can be like that ?, even though before my processor was replaced (warranty claim), I am using Windows 10 version 1607, BIOS and GPU drivers are older version, my Point Blank has no problems and I play with good FPS. and My brother has a PC with the specifications proc: i7 6700k, GPU R9 390X and Memory 16GB 2400mhz and using Windows 10 version 1607 and never updating the bios, and playing PB without any problems, and good FPS . Why is it like that? just curious?

Thanks

Sorry my english is bad

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

The processor supports 2666mhz. I suspect your memory has been the problem.

Glad you have it working.

Doc

0 Kudos